my husband eats GARBAGE and still looks better than me!

Options
okay first off, hes always telling me how beautiful i am...so this isnt really an insecurity thing. its more of a WTF thing.

when we met four years ago he was slightly overweight and i was average. i exercise often, he does not. i dont eat sweets or fried food (often). he does. i track what i eat, and he shovels in snacks at 2am. but somehow now he is the skinny one and i'm slightly overweight??

he is five years younger than i am, is that a possible reason? is this just an extreme case of 'well what can you do that person is different from you'? has anyone else experienced this with someone close to them?

(oh and god please dont judge my normal diet based on the past week as i have been very ill and also have a broken foot that is preventing me from working out)

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Different bodies. Different metabolisms. Different needs.

Some people can just do it and some people can't.

Like I can consume large quantities of carbs and it doesn't phase me one tiny bit, but other people LOOK at a piece of bread and it sticks to their behind. All about how your own body works.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Like I can consume large quantities of carbs and it doesn't phase me one tiny bit, but other people LOOK at a piece of bread and it sticks to their behind. All about how your own body works.
    i guess i need to stop comparing and just think about me! its just very distressing sometimes :{<3
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    guys metabolism is always faster, don't compare your husband to you :) Mine eating a lots too, while I am eating smaller portion with healthy choices ...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

i guess i need to stop comparing and just think about me! its just very distressing sometimes :{<3

Yeah. Don't focus on what he's eating and how it is (not) affecting him. Just focus on you. :)

I know it is hard though. I remember when my ex-husband, ex-inlaws (mother in law, father in law and brother in law) and I were all doing Atkins. My ex and his mom were constantly "cheating" and still lost 10lbs (her) and 15lbs (him) in 2 weeks.

I gained 10lbs in 2 weeks and followed it to the letter.
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Guys tend to have speedy metabolisms! My husband is like a freak haha, He gained weight bc he was eating like a million cheeseburgers a day and than decided to just cut back not cut them out and he dropped 15 pounds! It's extremely frustrating but its just the difference in how males and females are built!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

This, and men tend to have an advantage as Belle said, by virtue of having more muscle to begin with...and a naturally lower bodyfat percentage. Meaning even if he's overweight...his body is genetically programmed for a lower percentage than yours at optimum. Makes it easier to get to that point for us to an extent.
  • strapple
    Options
    guys metabolism is always faster, don't compare your husband to you :) Mine eating a lots too, while I am eating smaller portion with healthy choices ...
    i really think him being five years younger might be a huge reason why he has a stronger metabolism too. i keep ignoring that.
  • strapple
    Options
    Guys tend to have speedy metabolisms! My husband is like a freak haha, He gained weight bc he was eating like a million cheeseburgers a day and than decided to just cut back not cut them out and he dropped 15 pounds! It's extremely frustrating but its just the difference in how males and females are built!
    HAHAHHAA my husband eats a million cheese turkey burgers if he can! meanwhile im munching on one plain patty sadly :{<3
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Your husband eats garbage? Weird. Is your husband a raccoon??? Raccoons try to get on our porch and mama just shooes them away with a broom.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    One things for sure you're healthier then him.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I think I know him....

IS THIS THE GUY!?!

oscar-sesame.jpg
  • strapple
    Options
    HAHA YOU DORKS! he just eats crap xDDD
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks, but it's all about the metabolism. Everyone's different!
  • strapple
    Options

This, and men tend to have an advantage as Belle said, by virtue of having more muscle to begin with...and a naturally lower bodyfat percentage. Meaning even if he's overweight...his body is genetically programmed for a lower percentage than yours at optimum. Makes it easier to get to that point for us to an extent.
    i just really need to stop comparing T^T
  • oh_mg
    oh_mg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "Looks better" is one thing. But honestly, who is healthier? No matter what someone weighs, if he or she eats junk and isn't active, they might not be healthy. My grandmother never weighed more than 110 pounds but pretty much only ate chocolate chip cookies and grilled cheese and died of a heart attack at 64.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend eats like 4000 calories of junk a day (slowly changing it to at least healthy foods) and is pretty sedentary and has an underweight BMI. Sometimes life just isn't fair ;P
  • strapple
    Options
    "Looks better" is one thing. But honestly, who is healthier? No matter what someone weighs, if he or she eats junk and isn't active, they might not be healthy. My grandmother never weighed more than 110 pounds but pretty much only ate chocolate chip cookies and grilled cheese and died of a heart attack at 64.
    thats true his mother weighs barely 100 im sure, and she only drinks whole milk and eats ice cream all day xDD so i guess weight doesn't always = healthy!
  • ladycomix
    Options
    HAHA YOU DORKS! he just eats crap xDDD

:noway: does he brush his teeth after?

I'm not sure the change from junk to crap is moving in the right direction....but it WOULD make the sceptic tank less full.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat and eat. Oh well :(
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    2 years ago my husband and i both stopped drinking soda. he lost 30lbs, i lost 5lbs.

:grumble: