best cut of steak to buy and how to cook it?

Options
what is the best cut of steak to buy that is lean and tender, and healthy? and how would i cook it to gain the most benefit. had rump steak tonight which was sooo tough and chewy!!!

Replies

• dimond1610
    Options
    well filet it technically the most lean cut of meat...but you may not want to spend that much on your meat.
  • jp09m
    jp09m Posts: 89
    Options
    If you want tasty but not too fatty go with a ny strip (most of the fat is on the border of the steack), a flank steak, a porterhouse, or a good ole fillet. these are all quite expensive, but well worth it!! (rib eyes are the best tasting but als the most fat)

to cook...

season it how you like it. in all honesty, you dont need much more than salt, pepper and some worcestershier sauce. the best cook method is on a charcoal grill w/ some hickory wood chips thrown in w/ the coal. i also have a $250 grill with an incredible charcoal burner/smoker and a propane side.

start cooking it on high heat. sear each side real well. this will close up the steak and trap all the juices inside. lower the heat between medium and low and allow it to cook slowly to the way u like it. 6-8 min on each side will bring it in the medium range
    i try to cook it between medium and medium rare. leaving it to rare can be bad for your body cause of all the juices being raw still, but anything past medium your burning up all your nutrients. hence why the steak looses weight.