Need my MFP Family Right Now!

Options
2»

Replies

• starwhisperer
    Options
    I am so sorry, that is such a horrible thing to have to go through. Because I am a pet person and never feel complete without one, I have had to do that a few times and it never gets easier. On the other hand I am really proud of you (strange sounding when I dont' know you) for doing the right thing. I have seen way too many people hold on long past when it becomes mean to the animal. You are a good person, and a kind pet owner to have done the right thing.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear your news....You were a great mom to your pup, you gave him a great home and peace and comfort when he needed it the most. I feel your pain and know that you are hurting but all your memories with him will give you the strength to keep going. If you need a friend send a message.
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers your way immediately!!! idk what i would do without my dog! i hope yours is going to be ok
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about Mayer. :( Just know that as hard as it is, you thought of him and his needs and did the right thing. He is at peace now. We also had to put our dog who had cancer to sleep. Very, very hard. They are truly part of the family and it feels like your saddness will never go away. They sure are our babies! :) In time though, the pain does get better. I don't know how but it does. We adopted another dog a week later. He didn't replace her, but he sure made things a bit easier to deal with.
    Take care and know it will get better. It just takes time. I didn't think I would ever get to the point where I didn't cry when talking about her. Now when we think of her it's fun happy memories that make us smile.
    I hope the time goes quickly until you can think of him and smile.
    Hugs to you!
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Please keep us posted on how he is doing when you get any news.

Shay
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm so very very sorry to hear about Mayer - only yesterday I was looking at him in your ticker on another thread thinking what a cute dog. You had no option, he has obviously been a brave dog and you have been a kind and caring owner. Please don't despair, I think the last thing you can do FOR Mayer is, in his memory, continue on your weight loss journey which he has no doubt been a big part of thus far. Hope you are able to remember happier times very soon, Best Wishes :)
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people on here probably think it is weird to get upset over a dog, I am not one of them. Our furry friends are here for such a short time but they make up for it with all the love and excitement that they give us every time they see us. I am afraid that nothing anybody tells you will help that much right now, just know that a lot of us on here feel your pain and have you and your puppy in our thoughts.
  • Fantatoo
    Fantatoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Your story brought tears to my eyes and I feel your pain.
    I have 3 wonderful dogs but 1 special lady who has defied all odds to be with me.
    Hang on in there.

Alayne x
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I hope you are doing ok. In time each day will get a little easier. I hope it comes soon for you!
    Hugs to you!