Does 'the time of the month affect the scales'?

Options
Sorry to all who might not like this subject.

I have been eating right, exercising, drinking water and laying off the booze. Howerver am getting dishartend as the scales dropped by 2lb then went back up again. Same time of day and everything. Im feeling bloated and uncomfortable in my belly and THAT time of the month is due soon, (due to my age Its not regular anymore) does anybody know how THAT time can affect the body and scales when your trying to lose weight?

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    For me definitely - 1lb up on where I should be that week even if I have still lost. Read that some ladies are 2lb up that week too, water retention etc, plus from time to time we're giving into the carb cravings I suppose. It sucks!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    well is deffo does for me, I can go up by upto 5lb, but this soon drops off after anlong with a little more, I have made the decision not to weigh each week, im gonna do after my TOM, this way I wont get discouraged in seeing a progress line that goes up and down.

BEST OF LUCK
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    There's a search tab for a reason.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    absolutely, I gained nearly 4 pds before my TOM
  • pandatan
    Options
    Good idea, I weight after TOM is the way forward!! Thanks
  • pandatan
    Options
    Theres also help and support. Thats what this site is for, if your not going to do that then dont reply
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Agreed.. theres like a million in one posts on this topic.. people seem to be fascinated by it.

With that being said..
    Yes TOM affects weight.. and Yes your weight will drop right after. I gain 2 pounds before mine and always drop it right away. It's just water weight and no actual weight gain.
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Theres no need to be blunt, shes only asking for others advice.

These forums are for support. We all know theres a search bar to look for certain topics, but is sometimes its best just to ask.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always gain 2/3 lb a few days before TOM. I lose it just as quickly when it's over, and then some.