Pins and Needles!

Options
When I get on my eliptical trainer, after a few minutes I start getting pins and needles in my toes, then it will increase to my foot. Has anyone had the same experience, and know if its circulation of the blood?? I really want to get rid of it because it annoys me so much that I dont feel like doing anymore when it comes. Anyone got any answers for me?

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I used to get this too, but I changed to using running style shoes and laced them up a little looser and the problem subsided, but never really went away.

I then used a different elliptical training machine and didn't get the problem at all.

Not sure if any of that is helpful?
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yep that happended to me too. I was really worried but then I realised my running shoes were laced too tight! Oh and the socks... you gotta make sure you're wearing the right socks. You get that burning feeling if you don't.Once you get those things sorted you should be fine! :smile:
  • Julezebub
    Options
    I can think of two things it could be.

First, that your shoes are too tight.

Second: Are you breathing properly? If you are shallow breathing you may not be taking enough oxegen into your blood and you might get a numb or pins and needles feeling in your finger tips or toes.
  • ornumc
    Options
    I was going to post this same subject as I ALWAYS get pins and needles on the elliptical too! will try the tips suggested here.