Team Jungle Jewels (Tribal Sept) - Week 2 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
WEEK 2 Daily & Team Challenges -

PYGMY TRIBE - it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

OR

BUSHMEN TRIBE (Advanced) - it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

AND

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong! :drinker:

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow.. getting serious here! Awesome!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the end of Sept, you're going to realize how much stronger you are through all of these "extras"....they SOUND overwhelming at first, but you'll be SHOCKED how they really aren't as hard and time-consuming as they sounded the first time you read it!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    BRING IT ON :)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yeah! ((In my deep Hulk Hogan voice!))
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    YAY, getting excited for tomorrow. I had derby practice tonight and noticed my endurance is increasing! We did a lot of conditioning and I was not as exhausted as some of the other girls. check in with you all tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Jewels

Apologies I haven't posted before now - had a little 'accident' last night and have been at the hospital today! Good news is that I'm going to be ok - the bad news is that the car that hit me wont!!!!! :laugh: Huh! What do you expect if it takes me on!!!

Anyway, enough of the that saga!

Congrats to you all for not only surviving the first week, but you also kicked it into space!! You did everything asked of you and some!! I know i've said it before, BUT Jill and I are REALLY REALLY proud of you :heart:

So, Week 2 - Day 1

PYGYMY TRIBE - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

AND

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

OR

BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) - 4 min tabata, 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

AND

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong!

:wink:
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 1

4 min tabata, 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats - check
    Under cals - check
    Water - check
    5k - walked (sorry couldn't run today!)

I look forward to reading your successes too!! :tongue:

HUGS
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    50 Crunches
    30 reverse crunches
    5 minute bearwalk (broke the min up by 3 to finish time)
    4 min tabata
    50 Toe Touches
    100 Jumping Jacks
    25Burpees
    20 Windshield Wipers
    50 Split Squats (didn’t bring knee all the way to the ground)
    30 crunches
    20 push-ups
    8 squats- hold 15 seconds
    25Burpees (when going to the ground I didn’t do a full push up both sets)
    (will be complete tonight, will advise if not): Calories, Water, Walk/Run/Jog 3.1 miles

Boy this workout kicked my butt today and I am so tired from last week. I love this!!! because I know it is going to pay off, heck, it already has!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    Options
    Day 1 -
    5 minute bearwalk DONE okay MUCH harder than it looked
    50 Toe Touches DONE
    50 Crunches DONE
    100 Jumping Jacks DONE
    50 Burpees (they’re back) DONE omfg : /
    20 Windshield Wipers DONE
    50 Split Squats DONE

did some other weightlifting today going for a walk later i think
    water check
    below cals check
    TABATA DONE

im going to try doing this challenge work out BEFORE work this week - its going to be challenging because I am already up at 5 tomorrow and 4 the next two after that - so I need to a lot atleast another 45 mins for the workout time/shower and to get ready for work. Im hoping I can have the will power to get out of bed. I just find with doing these exercises later in the day I dont have the umph for my jillian dvds and/or the gym also, I dont want to burn out either!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 1 -
    4 min Tabata
    5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 1
    00 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees , 20 Windshield Wipers,
    50 Split Squats I didn't jump!
    Water 8+ glasses
    Under my calories!
    I have LOTS of leftovers!! BOO!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Pygmy Tribal Week 2/Day 1
    72oz H20 and under Cal goal
    1 minute bear walk 1 min
    100 Jumping Jacks 2 min
    50 Crunches 1 min
    25 Split Squats 3 min
    1.5 mile walk 45 min
    2.5 mile walk 75 min
    Strength training 8 min
    Total 135 min
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 1

4 min tabata, 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees, 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats - Done
    Under calories-Done
    64 oz. Water- Done

5k walk- Done

Also 20 minutes of shadow boxing.... I'm sore ... What a workout today!!!! Keep up the great work team!!!!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    I wonder if I didn't do the correct thing for split squats...any1 have the correct video?
  • LolasEpicJourney
    Options
    I found a nice pedomitor ap for my phone. Shows how far I went on googlemaps. Now mind you I started it slightly before i left (maybe 5 mins) and forgot to stop it for maybe 5 mins after I stopped. so in 45 minutes (or 35 ;) ) I walked 2.01miles.

I am going to try and find a 5k route tomorrow - so Idont have to kill my batery/data plan using this every time I walk. Only one more mile and I would have had it. Mind you I was walking a very strong 70lb+ dog the whole time. My arms are going to KILL tomorrow lol
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 2/ day 1
    Jumping jacks-100
    split squats-25
    crunches- 50
    toe touches -50
    walk- 1.5 miles
    Bear walk- 1 minute
    water-11 cups- 88 0z
    under calories
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Under Calories
    Over 8 glasses of water
    Completed: 1 minute bear walk, 100 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 50 split squats (I pushed myself to do 50 rather than the required 25), 3 mile walk (60min).
  • trimom63
    Options
    Yeah! ((In my deep Hulk Hogan voice!))

I would love to hear that with that sweet face of yours!! hahah!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Under Calories
    Over 8 glasses of water
    Completed: 1 minute bear walk, 100 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 50 split squats (I pushed myself to do 50 rather than the required 25), 3 mile walk (60min).

Good girl!!! Way to push it past the requirement!!! I'm so proud!! Feels pretty good after you've done it, doesn't it?
  • trimom63
    Options
    Week 2/ day 1
    Jumping jacks-100
    split squats-25
    crunches- 50
    toe touches -50
    walk- 1.5 miles
    Bear walk- 1 minute
    water-11 cups- 88 0z
    under calories

Way to go Renu!!! Fantastic!! How are the knees doing with the squats and jumping jacks?