Who is doing the 30 day shred?

Options
On the 1st September I began the 30 day shred...I ordered a DVD but it didn't arrive until this morning...so I use YouTube and followed it from there, so for you people who can't afford another DVD try YT.

So, who is doing it at the moment, or who has done it? Anyone got any photos of the differences before and after.

I am doing each level each day now I have the DVD, I was just doing level three before. I like an exercise workout to burn me.....this one is great for that. It takes 60minutes to do levels 1-3 in a day and I can dot it around the day.

What are your plans with a routine and what are you hoping to achieve. I want to get toned. I need to see if toning up can help with my thighs and breasts with reducing and firming them up. It is also to help me accomplish a 10lb weight loss this month HERE'S TO HOPING!

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 level 2 for me..will start level 3 on Monday Sept 5th..I've lost about 3 lbs so far but by the pics i took before starting 30DS and then right before level 2 ive lost inches around my waist..will take another pic before i start level 3. Its a great workout for me since its only 28mins from start/finish. just right for a mom of 3 kids 6yrs and under!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 on the first. It's my first time so challenging & I'm still getting used to some moves & the pace. I like it. At least I feel like I can do it. I feel my muscles but not so sore I can't do it again. I'm doing it every day, each level 10 days this first time. Once a week I also do my kettlebell routine cause I just got it & like it but also, I'm going on vacation next month & want maximum results. I think after 30 DS I'm going to try Jillian's Shred it with weights - it's kettlebells & I want to see results I get from that.
    You can get several of Jillian's DVD's on Netflix if you have that. I just LOVE it & they have a TON of workout DVD's.
    I have one lined up every month for the next 6 mos (can't wait to try cardio salsa)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I started using 30DS last year. My goal was to lose 10lbs - I lost 12 and had to go buy new pants & shorts. :) It tool me longer than a month, but I was only working out 4-5 days a week at the most, sometimes less when life was busy. I started tracking my food, watching my calories, fat, carbs & protein. It took me longer than a month, but the weight and inches came off, and I was toning up as well.

If you stay consistent with the workouts and watch your food intake, you should be seeing results in no time! I love Jillian's workouts! I have many of her DVDs and still love the Shred, and will sometimes go back to it and do my favorite level (add more weight if needed) - but I can't lately because I loaned my DVD to my mom. ;) So using Ripped in 30 & Six Week 6 Pack at the moment.

Good luck - keep up the good work!
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    I started using 30DS last year. My goal was to lose 10lbs - I lost 12 and had to go buy new pants & shorts. :) It tool me longer than a month, but I was only working out 4-5 days a week at the most, sometimes less when life was busy. I started tracking my food, watching my calories, fat, carbs & protein. It took me longer than a month, but the weight and inches came off, and I was toning up as well.

If you stay consistent with the workouts and watch your food intake, you should be seeing results in no time! I love Jillian's workouts! I have many of her DVDs and still love the Shred, and will sometimes go back to it and do my favorite level (add more weight if needed) - but I can't lately because I loaned my DVD to my mom. ;) So using Ripped in 30 & Six Week 6 Pack at the moment.

Good luck - keep up the good work!

Wow, well done. Did you lose the 12lb in the 30 days?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done. Did you lose the 12lb in the 30 days?
    No, took me longer than the 30 days - actually took me 3-4 months to lose all 12lbs, but I wasn't super strict with my foods (especially on weekends!) and my average workouts per week was probably 4 - sometimes only 3 times per week, occasionally 5 times.