SAHM 9/1-9/30

Options
Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you!

Since the summer months has us slowed down, we are starting monthly threads instead of weekly threads.

Previous Thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305142-sahm-8-1-8-31

Replies

• PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Things have picked up here and I've been limiting my time on the internet. Not to mention we lost internet during the storm last week. We're still walking on Tuesdays, but we've also been going to the playground a lot and we joined a homeschool group. Volleyball will start back up for me in a couple of weeks, and then we're flying to England!! I'm not sure how much exercise I will get while we're there, but I plan to do a walk everyday. They have a treadmill too, and I'm not sure anyone else uses it. :) I hope everyone else has had a nice summer and I look forward to things picking up again around here once the weather changes.
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to my 8 month old son! I joined MFP in July and I love it here, I have now passed my pre-pregnancy weight and am looking to lose the 20 I put on after getting married, haha.
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    How would one join? I am a SAHM, mother of 6 boys. Would love the support and also give support to other SAHM's.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    kac - you start posting, welcome! :flowerforyou:

KRB - welcome to you too, we are the same height and I was 198 when I started so very similar! Good luck with your goal, I think I should probably be about 150 too, though I'm 160ish at the mo and that other 10 feels like its going to be insanely hard work!!

Nicole - thanks for starting a new thread! :flowerforyou: I'm so excited you are coming here! Our weather has picked up just for you, hopefully we will have a lovely Indian summer, there's certainly beautiful walking in Devon so you should be well away. Well, apart from the cream teas that is.

I am enjoying the summer, DS1 goes back to school Tues (he is just 5 so would be starting kindergarten in the US but is going into year 1 which is the second year of school here), I will miss him but I think he is ready as he keeps complaining that he is bored. Thursday is my tenth wedding anniversary :bigsmile: My main struggle at the moment is finding a new way to challenge myself, my weight is currently around 160ish and so the scales are going to move realllllllllllllllllllly slowly now, need to find something else to focus on!!
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies!! Six boys?! Wowsers!! My aunt had three and I know how crazy their house could get. ;)

Shoppie-You're welcome! I knew Barb was going on vaca yesterday so I thought I'd jump in eventhough I've been scarce. We're really excited about it too, though we're on a red eye flight into London. Then we have to drive down to Devon. I'm hoping the kids will sleep on the plane so they won't be so jet-lagged. Not to mention, we'd like to sleep as well! :)

DH was off from work today and we didn't do much. I did pick up a bike trailer from a local mama (for free!!! Yay!!), so I'm hoping to put it to work on Tuesday. Tomorrow is meant to rain here, but I can't wait to get back on my bike!! :)
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    tagging for later....Happy Labor Day Ladies!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shoppie for helping out, and yes I've been pretty busy and went on a mini vacation this past weekend and totally did not log in and, ugh! But Now I'm feeling so much better and I think that trip was just what the dr ordered! I'm ready to rock n roll!

Hello new ladies and welcome to our group!

Will write a little more later. Need to go get some cleaning done. BBL.
  • Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm finally down to 10 pounds lost and I feel great. My daughter is looking to start school next week. It's only 2 hours for 2 days a week but its something for her. I'm really excited about it. My little guy is getting so big!! I do worry that my working out may affect my milk but it doesn't seem to bother him as much. It's hard to get him wean since I work from home as well. He doesn't like a bottle. I've been waiting a little bit longer to get him one of those special cups. Any other ideas.

Hope everyone is doing well :)
  • PNCTink
    Options
    KC-I hope you had a nice Labor Day too!

Barb-Glad to hear you had a nice vacation!

Mel-Nice work! My kids didn't like bottles either, but it was an issue with DD because I still worked part-time. Never could get her to take one either. She'd cry all day long and then nurse for marathon feeds once we got home. She went right to a sippy cup, but we had to try out a few before she'd take one.

Well, today it threatened rain most of the day, so no biking for me. I did manage to do some Jillian Michaels and we went walking with friends this morning. I actually logged my food today too, since we were in the house most of the day. The rest of our week seems to be pretty busy, but that's if the weather holds up! :)
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    I am guessing by how slow the post is that everyone is busy getting back into the swing of school with their little ones! I hope that the transition from summer to school is going well for you all!
    My son started pre-school this past week. He did great, I cried like a baby.....His second day is tomorrow, so we will see if it goes as well this time too.
    Now that fall is here I hope to get into a better routine with logging and eating and exercising again. I hope this will put me back on track for losing too.....Barb, looks like you started a Christmas challenge...I am thinking about joining up with that one :). Anyway, I hope you are all doing well! Talk to you soon!
  • shoppie
    Options
    Melatonin - I feel your pain re: bottle refusal, my DD won't take one either - argh! She is 7 months now, and takes a beaker (figuring this is a sipppy cup??) fine, but will only drink water from it, not even breast milk - what is with that?? I am due back to work in Jan and while I am trying not to stress about it I can feel it sneaking up! She will be very nearly 11 months when I go back, so I'm hoping she will be down to nursing just twice a day, well, basically she will have to!

PNC - your hols are so nearly here! I hope the weather holds for you as its been nice for a while now, not warm particularly but sunny, so all good!

We are all fine - DS1 seems to have settled in very quickly in his new class and is happy with the teacher which is great as he had a rocky start last year, but he is very young for his year - he was only just 4 when he started school and is still only recently 5. DS2 is coming on in leaps and bounds and being super-cute, yesterday he said to me 'I love you. I want you for my bur-day' :heart: (he will be 3 next month). DD is changing loads obviously, she can sit unaided now for short spells, though she gets less practice than she should as I am always running about so much!

I have started the 200 squat and 100 push-up challenges, I am doing the 100 push-ups from the knees, then if I complete it I will try again full length but I really am just so far off that as to be completely unthinkable at the moment. I am finding these last few pounds that I'd like to shift tough going motivationally, but I'm determined to get there. I'm still not sure where 'there' is, but for now 40 lbs would do me - 1 more lb to go! The next marker after that is to have lost 3 stone - which is 42 lbs so also not too far.
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Aww, KC. I hope tomorrow goes better for you.

Shoppie-Thanks!! We are SO EXCITED!!!!!!! MIL told DH (after he pleaded-LOL!!) that she will make bacon sannies for lunch once we get back to their house. Great! haha! It's so funny because he's also requested frozen toad in the hole (I make them from scratch here, but apparently it's not as good as the frozen), sausages, salt and vinegar chips, and Stella Artois!! I have no idea what I'll be eating while we're there, but MIL is on WW so maybe I'll mimick her meals. I hope the Bacardi Breezers don't get the best of me. We have lots of his family coming to visit from Kent, and it's MIL's birthday the first weekend too. Oh, and feeder beakers are sippy cups.

So, today DH tried to help me hook the bike trailer to my bike and it won't fit. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I can still use it as a double stroller, but I already had one of those. :( I have been biking with the kids around the driveway, and I'm hoping to do loads of walking in England. Next week I'll be deep cleaning the house because there's nothing worse than coming home to a dirty house after a vacation!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I've been MIA...things have been crazy. I may be in and out of the chat but come Oct. I'll be back! I've had things going on, and I've been on to log and everything, but that's about it. I started a part time job but already having to put in my 2 weeks due to my inlaws not helping me out and giving me a break and them telling me this job wasn't good enough, ugh! So my last day there will be the 28th of this month.

But on the up side, we're getting a German Shepherd puppy today and she'll help hubby and i stay motivated.

I'll do my best to check in, otherwise, see you all in October :)
  • Melatonin
    Options
    Blue - I know the feeling on the job front. I hope that gets better for you.

Lately I've been having a hard time with finding the motivation to get my body going. I've had great success and I don't want to stop but my body and mind are taking turns battling each other. I want to work out and I know that I should but my body says rest. I will end up listening to my body but dangit. Plus I'm almost through with 30DS. If I work it out till friday I'll be done and have completed it!! We shall see I guess.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
  • tootandpuddle1
    tootandpuddle1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!! I'm a SAHM to a 2 1/2 and 31/2 year old. They are my life but boy do they keep me on my toes!!! I have always struggled with my weight and yo-yoed up and down. Determined to lose it for good this time. I got to an all time high last year after having my son and have managed to lose almost 45 pounds but still have a long way to go. Would love to join the group...support is so important (at least for me). Feel free to friend me!!! Hope everyone is having a good week!!! :-)
  • Melthrash
    Melthrash Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure how these groups work but am looking for some support. I've been struggling to stay under my goal lately and would love to friend some of you so that we could encourage one another.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I've been MIA...things have been crazy. I may be in and out of the chat but come Oct. I'll be back! I've had things going on, and I've been on to log and everything, but that's about it. I started a part time job but already having to put in my 2 weeks due to my inlaws not helping me out and giving me a break and them telling me this job wasn't good enough, ugh! So my last day there will be the 28th of this month.

But on the up side, we're getting a German Shepherd puppy today and she'll help hubby and i stay motivated.

barb==you've made good progress! great work! and CUTE puppy!
  • bluerose9483
    Options

barb==you've made good progress! great work! and CUTE puppy!

Stacey-Thanks! :happy:
  • shoppie
    Options
    Barb - sorry to hear you are having to give your job up. Saw your pic of your new puupy, he is gorgeous! :heart:

Welcome melthrash and tootnpuddle :drinker:

Melatonin - how are you getting on seeing 30DS through? Have you thought about what you could make your new challenge that might motivate you more/ for longer?

Nicole - how excited are you now?? Every day its sunny I think 'please stay sunny for Nicole's hols'. It is getting brisk now but such lovely weather, clear skies and sunny most days :bigsmile:

So for me, anyone who isn't my friend already - I am done. Yup done. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 3 stone, 42 lbs - gone. I am going to start slowly adjusting my cals up and I am guessing I will need to play about with that a fair bit to get it right so I'm going to take it very gently bbut no more requirement to lose for me I don't think - BMI has gone from 30.1 to 23 precisely, my dress size from an 18 (US 14) to a 12 (US 8). I'm so chuffed I can't even tell you :drinker: Now my goal is to successfully maintain for 6 weeks!
  • Melatonin
    Options
    Melatonin - how are you getting on seeing 30DS through? Have you thought about what you could make your new challenge that might motivate you more/ for longer?
    Shoppie - Congrats on finally reaching your goal. It's a great feeling I'm sure!!!

TOM was the culprit for my lack of motivation. I'm decided that I'm going to stick it out with 30DS till about Saturday or Sunday to go along with the Sept Tribal challenge. Then I will be done. TOM for the first couple days kills me. As for what is motivating me... The way my husband complements me, the way my clothes feel and the scale moved another 3 pounds to 216 today. That's almost 15 pounds in the past 4-5 weeks! That put me in a good enough mood to put on 30DS today and knock it out!!

Shout out welcome to the new ladies :)