I live with a fat man trapped in a skinny mans body

prettyfitchick
prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
edited October 2 in Chit-Chat
I eats alot for his small frame 6'1 and 159lbs He likes any thing fryed or super sweet. I keep telling him it will catch up to you one day. So sneak healthy foods into meals like multigrain waffles and baked Salmon on him any time we going shopping he says "Eww dont buy that spinch who is going to eat ground turkey yuck. There is no moonpies in the shoppingcart!" but I buy healthy stuff any way and never tell him what it is until after he eats he will actually eat any thing if it looks good. Thenhe will say "That is pretty good what kind meat was that. What do you guys try to and get people around you to eat healthy?

Replies

• buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Ha! I think we may be married to the same man! I seriously don't think my "skinny fat" husband will ever have a weight problem. He has a thyroid condition and he at his "fattest" which is 178 lbs and 5' 11". So it's not his weight I worry about it's his health!! Skinny people can still have high chloesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes. I've had "skinny" relatives with all these issues.

Good luck on getting him to improve his habits..I keep hoping my guy will too.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    My husband was like this. He's always had a great metabolism so he's always been skinny and he's always eaten whatever he wants. But then he got a physical and his cholesterol came back a little high for someone his age and he realized he needed to change. Since I was already making significant changes to my diet it wasn't hard for him to eat better, especially since I'm the one who usually makes all the food.
  • Sounds like my husband....except my husband isn't skinny fat...he is just plain skinny, lol....He has such a difficult time gaining, what is known as a "hard-gainer". I keep telling him that the sugary sweet crap he is eating isn't helping him at all and actually putting him at risk for diabetes in the long run.

It's nuts how him and I have the exact opposite issue....plus I am a vegetarian and he is not....so even more difficult to get him interested in eating better because he "has to have a steak"......
  • I've got a buddy that can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound. As long as hes not blowing up like a balloon then I see no problem.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    I've got a buddy that can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound. As long as hes not blowing up like a balloon then I see no problem.
    The problem is these people who never gain a pound and eat junk 3 times day are at risk for the same health issues such as diabetes and high cholesterol as obese people becuase of there unhealthy eating habits.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Boy, this is a tough one. I face a similar problem in my household and have tried just about everything to change my husband and reduce his bad habits influence on our teenagers.

I try to buy all the groceries and prepare foods that are "healthier" that I know they will eat. But my husband will go out and buy his treats anyway. It is becoming a real conflict in our house.

Problem here is that my husband feels he is depriving the kids when he doesn't buy them unhealthy treats. (I'm not talking about the occasional treat which I think is OK--he has to have a cupboard full of candy and crap all of the time). I have tried to get the message across to him that it isn't a treat if it makes them unhealthy.

I like you am open to suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.