Completely new

Options
So I happened to come across an ad for this site and figured What the heck...I'd try it....

So here I am.

Im a 27 yr old mom to 4 2 legged kids....and 6 of the 4 leg kind...a new wife and am very outspoken .Ive let my weight go horribly since I got married to my first husband at 17 ,feeding my problems internally with external things like fast food and junk food(it was a very abusive relationship in all ways). I promised myself when I was finally able to leave him that I would start getting the weight off,yet 5 years later I have had a tiny amount of success.However after loosing my father the day before Christmas eve due to his on going weight problems and the ramifications from it(official cause of death was a brain aneurysm and massive heart attack due to high cholesterol)it was enough to get me into action.So new year and hopefully New me.

Looking forward to making some new friends ,

Rayne:flowerforyou:
117409.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• rayne91508
    Options
    So I happened to come across an ad for this site and figured What the heck...I'd try it....

So here I am.

Im a 27 yr old mom to 4 2 legged kids....and 6 of the 4 leg kind...a new wife and am very outspoken .Ive let my weight go horribly since I got married to my first husband at 17 ,feeding my problems internally with external things like fast food and junk food(it was a very abusive relationship in all ways). I promised myself when I was finally able to leave him that I would start getting the weight off,yet 5 years later I have had a tiny amount of success.However after loosing my father the day before Christmas eve due to his on going weight problems and the ramifications from it(official cause of death was a brain aneurysm and massive heart attack due to high cholesterol)it was enough to get me into action.So new year and hopefully New me.

Looking forward to making some new friends ,

Rayne:flowerforyou:
    117409.png
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to you!

I am very sorry to hear about your father!

Sometimes we all need that "kick in the butt" moment. It sounds like you're there! This is a great site. The tools and people on it will be very helpful to you on your journey.

I also used to eat out of everything BUT hunger. Boredom, sadness, anger and would use it to comfort myself. Once I started to get control of things, I then started to view food differently. One day I finally realized why food is even here. To give us fuel and contribute to our health. I know it seems simple but often the simplest things are the ones that make the most sense! :wink:

Good luck! You can do this and this time next year, you can be living a completely new lifestyle!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • rayne91508
    Options
    Thank you hun!

I know exactly what you mean by needing that kick in the pants at times....and its even worse when you are stubborn and hardheaded most of the time to ignore the previous ones that a really bad one has to happen first!(Thats how I am :tongue: )

Rayne

117409.png