Need some sage runner's advice

Options
So, I've been having intestinal troubles on my long runs. I barely made it to the bathroom the first time and the second time I had to stop at the port-a-potty twice. Well, I moved and now my runs no longer have a port-a-potty. It's either running along a highway with no sidewalk (but ample businesses that may let me use their bathroom) or through a neighborhood with nowhere to go if I need to. I plan on trying out some immodium before my long run, but what if it doesn't work? I'll be stuck five miles from home with no where to go. I'm really considering giving up on my half marathon because of it. Has immodium worked for other people? What should I do?

Replies

• ineednapkin
    Options
    I ALWAYS go before I run, no matter how long it takes for it to happen lol. Once I started doing that I didn't have to go during my runs, and my runs have been up to 22 miles long (although at the end I raced to my bathroom haha). That is what helped me. Also I try not to think about that kind of stuff when I run... I try to focus my mind on other things. I hope that helps!