Please someone wake me up

Options
I have been doing so well, I have been training with a trainer for 2 months, now going into the 3rd month I am loosing the fun aspect and beginning to hate working out & feel I am not getting fast enough results, so far I have lost close to 20lbs, it keeps changing I suppose with the build of muscles, I'm beginning to notice my self sabotage destruction begin, I need a wake up call...............have any of you gotten to this point how did you overcome?

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Keep your eyes on the "prize". You final goal. It's worthed, no excuses, you cannot give up. Think of it as life: when you're young and in school, you may hate it and want to give up because you don't see "results". But the results show later in life when you have a nice job, which you wouldn't have gotten without education.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Oh yeah, at my two month mark, I was ready to give up. I was seeing great results, but something in me just stopped. All you have to do is keep on going even if you don't want to. It's as simple as that. Don't listen to that urge to stop. I stopped for about a week. I stopped exercising and had a weekend of gluttony, but throughout the week I was still eating well. I then just thought, "What's more important to me?" What's the point of starting this over and over again? I've already made it this far and while it's easy to go back, it's never easy to start up again. After that week, I just made myself exercise and eat right, and it started to feel good again. I pushed myself harder, and I'm seeing amazing results.

So really, the answer is to say shut up to yourself and do it!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I think almost everyone goes through this at least once. You just have to decide if it's worth it to you to continue. Does it bother you to undo your hard work? When I get into a funk, I like to buy a new workout DVD..one that looks fun to me. I get excited about trying new routines, so that usually snaps me out of it.
  • inkatia88
    inkatia88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love you guys, I needed to hear that, that's so me right now fighting with myself, your right it has been a pain in the *kitten* looking back... and to think of starting over.... I quit smoking after 10 yrs,.... I need to continue this new change and embrace it........... thanks so much :D Congrats on your weight losses too will be great to read everyone's success stories.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I think almost everyone goes through this at least once.
    Once? It's been a recurring theme throughout my whole life!

I try to remember that for me, FAT=DEATH. Even if I never gain or lose another pound, working out is going to help me live longer because it makes my heart stronger.
  • inkatia88
    inkatia88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

True! I know I can do it, and the only person stopping me is me, I need to stop sabotaging myself and get it done, it feels good at the end anyway.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i lost my motivation at 17lbs lost. I stopped exercise regularly and starting eating, as I like to call it, like a psycho! aka tons of take out and junk food and binge-ing on it. I just stopped caring after months of hard work! After gaining back 10lbs, I could see my body shape changing and clothes not fitting as well, which was super disappointing! It really sucks after all the hard work...and it was super hard work to lose 17!!! so I would just think about that, you don't want to lose all the progress you've made and have to start over again to get close to your goal again! What you've done so far is amazing! so maybe focus on how great you've done, and use this as inspiration to lose the next 16 ;)
  • shesblossoming
    Options

True! I know I can do it, and the only person stopping me is me, I need to stop sabotaging myself and get it done, it feels good at the end anyway.

I quit smoking too just a few months ago, and it has been extremely difficult. Combine that with my strange addiction to food, I thought I was going to die. But I replaced those two addictions with making it my goal in life to be healthy. It takes a while, but you can train yourself to be addicted to exercise. To fall in love with that slight feeling of exhaustion and know you're getting stronger because of it. For so long, my addictions felt good, but I know there were killing me. Now, this new addiction feels terrible but it's going to make me live longer! And it's starting to feel really good! How strange! But you'll find your groove with time. Right now, it's just getting over that hump. So even doing the simplest things, such as logging all of your food and just walking thirty minutes a day will give you the greatest rewards. For so long I was working against my body and now that I'm learning to work with it, I'm experiencing those benefits. Had I known I was going to feel this way, I would never have that week of brooding. I've wasted enough time in my life!