User Friendly & Cheapest HRM

Options
In your experience what is the best HRM without tons of bells and whistles that is user friendly and cheap but good quality too?

Replies

• sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no such thing as cheap AND good quality.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I have a HRM with chest strap that I bought for about £12 and it has proven to be accurate and reliable.
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know I was going to put in parenthesis (if there is such a thing) cheap and good quality...but hopefully people will know what i mean and there are bargains out there maybe I should have said that...:smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. It was $60 off Amazon, which no, isn't the cheapest but is pretty good for a reliable brand. And you should get one with a chest strap for sure. Some of the really cheap ones don't have that.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of cheap. I didn't want to spend a couple of hundred on one, so I paid $60 for the Mio Drive Petite. There are a few other models within 10-20 more that have a few more bells and whistles. I like it and don't feel like I wasted my $.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 Iove it and it has everything I want. I am the worst person with any kind of technology and I am able to use it and set it up without help. So it is user friendly. I found mine online at heartratemonitor.com it cost me $80. I think that is a good deal considering Target sells them for $140. I had to save up for mine but it has been definitely worth it. There is another one just like the F7 that is older but does the same thing and it was around $50-$60. Good luck.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This week I bought the Sportline 1025 for around $49.00 at Best Buy, it has a chest strap and so far so good
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I have a HRM with chest strap that I bought for about £12 and it has proven to be accurate and reliable.

I'm with the Mrs with this, I got mine from Lidl in the UK, it was about £15, has a chest strap, I had to programme my details in, such as weight and age (there was probably more, but I did it a while ago now). I'm happy with it, the batteries don't last long, so I'm going to start removing them after use, but that's the only niggle I've had.