Best Blender?

Options
I'm thinking of getting a blender and have no idea where to start. At the moment I'm just using a magic bullet, but I'd really like something I can make some awesome green smoothies with. I know the Vitamix is expensive but is it worth it? How about other brands like Ninja etc? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We have a Kitchen Aid blender that I absolutely love. It can handle anything. I don't really know much about the Vitamix, but I've heard good things. When it comes to a blender you really don't want to go cheap, because you will really get what you pay for.
  • xcirce
    xcirce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got a simple $12 blender at walmart...it's a single serve Hamilton Beach brand. It's dishwasher safe & easy to clean if you don't have one. And the best thing..it's portable & you can drink from the cup.
    I love it! I use it all the time!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja Blender & I love it I can make anything in there. They have the big versions & the small.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I did research on this recently because I was tired of my cheap blender that couldn't properly mix anything more frozen than a blueberry. I, too, didn't want to spend money on a vitamix or blendtec. I ended up with a KitchenAid. It's around $90 but worth it. It does a great job crushing ice and pretty much anything else I put in there. I love the polycarbonate wide mouth jar too. It's so easy to clean!
  • stefnicole
    Options
    I have a ninja and it's been great so far. It was $40 at Target.
  • runningmom1977
    Options
    I've been searching too- I would love a Blendtec but just don't have that kind of money to spend. I was just checking out the Ninja at Shopko yesterday and wondering how it would be.

I want something that I KNOW I will be able to blend spinach leaves into my smoothies with. I do have that single serve Hamilton Beach blender and it works decently for the price, but definitely can't put spinach in it, and it doesn't always get all my ice crushed up and I end up with a few chunks.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I got a simple $12 blender at walmart...it's a single serve Hamilton Beach brand. It's dishwasher safe & easy to clean if you don't have one. And the best thing..it's portable & you can drink from the cup.
    I love it! I use it all the time!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588

I have this blender and it use it 6/7 days a week! Love it! Fits a straw perfectly and so much less to wash!! :) and I also picked and froze whole strawberries this summer and it blends them up (usually 1C with all my other ingredients) with no problem. I'm only mentioning the strawberries because I've actually shattered a blender trying to crush strawberries. It was totally crazy! lol
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a KitchenAid and it is awesome. Makes awesome smoothies. I have had mine for 3 years now and never had any problems with it.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have had several blenders including a hamilton beach, a magic bullet, and and I now have a Vitamix. It's really so far beyond anything else I've used, worth every penny! can't say enough good things about it.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix, bought it about 3 years ago. It was lots of $$$, is it worth it??? What is worth the $$$ they ask today??
    I will say, It should last forever, and it works good. I was "sold" when the Demo guy was making "soup" in it!! & ice cream:-)
  • rjbladeoh
    Options
    I bought the Vitamix about 4 years ago and it still performs like new, which is awesome! You can leave it running to make sure everything is completely blended and you will never hurt the motor! I absolutely love this blender and use it every day for fruit smoothies. You can also make soup by blending fresh raw veggies with broth and let it run for 6 minutes until hot but not hot enough to kill the enzymes in the food.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I <3 my Ninja! $40 at Wal-Mart. A lot of nice features
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The Ninja Kitchen System.....it is the full system...it is $150, but freakin awesome!!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Kitchen Aid is worth it's weight in gold. It will work for years and years.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I was trying to decide between Vitamix and Blendtec a couple of years ago. Went with Blendtec because one of the shopping channels (it was either QVC or HSN) offered it with flex pay. Instead of $400.00 dollars in one payment, I was able to make 6 payments.
    I love it. It pulverizes anything. A whole apple turns into juice without coring, peeling, removing seeds, etc.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We have the Vitamix and we LOVE IT!!!!! It was around $400 but worth every penny. We've had it for a few years now and we use it on a daily basis. My husband has diabetes and it helps make healthy shake/drinks for him when his blood sugar needs to go up. I've also made soup in it.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Blendtec and Vitamix are top of the line. We have a Blendtec. You can get them at Costco when they have the road show and save a little, but it's still an expensive blender albeit a tad cheaper than a Vitamix. The Blendtec will fit on your counter under your cabinets while the Vitamix probably will not because it's so tall. Also, the Blendtec has pre-programmed blend cycles for depending on what you are making (smoothies, soup, etc...) so you put in your ingredients, hit the button, and walk away. It varies its speed for the desired result and shuts itself off when done.
    They have a funny website too and you can see just how powerful they are.
    http://www.willitblend.com/
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    love my KitchenAid!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cuisinart® Compact Blending/Chopping System

Best ever! I absolutely love it! ANd its undeer $100
  • rdmchugh
    Options
    I have a Blendtec for home and it is AMAZING! The first time I ever saw one used they put the avocado pit into their smoothies and this thing still made a SMOOTHie! It comes with a really nice recipe book and can blend/chop almost anything AND make ice cream and almond milk. Expensive but well worth it if you use it regularly. I make a smoothie (withOUT the avocado pit) every morning in 50 seconds once everything is in the blender.

I travel for a living and missed my morning smoothies on the road so I got a Cuisinart Compact Portable. It works well enough for a portable. I have to divide my smoothie ingredients in half and blend each half for 1 min.

I am happy with both, but if I had a choice, the Blendtec would travel with me :)