The 3 day apple fast/diet

Options

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I would be more interested in hearing from you again in six months when you have piled all the weight back on because you are not changing your eating habits just crash dieting.

haha its not diet...its a cleanse. And I eat very healthy and honestly I weigh 130 and I am 6 ft tall. I seriously doubt that it would be a problem if I gained a little weight

It would probably be a good thing if you gained a little weight.... a BMI of 17.6 is underweight and it would be dangerous to go lower at your height.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Maybe walk around in cycle helmet so you don't hurt your head if you faint ;-) Seriously, that's going to be pretty low cals, I'd be cranky and horrible - make sure you eat if you start feeling ropey.
  • sunNsurf
    sunNsurf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't see why so many people are being hard on you about this. I did a fast about 7 months ago that my DOCTOR, yes someone who actually has a medical degree, recommended. It was only for 5 days, but it worked wonders for my digestive system. I did a water fast, which I would not recommend doing without medical approval/supervision. I did lose 15lbs during the fast, and have lost even more weight since then. But, I was already exercising and had changed over to a vegetarian lifestyle. For 4 months after I stopped eating meat, I kept having stomach problems and that is when my doctor recommended the fast. My body really needed that cleanse. The most important thing is how you break the fast. I suggest you talk to your doctor before you start.

I really didn't know people were so against fasting. Thanks for the advice and sharing your story with me. I always like to hear about different experiences and reasons for fasting.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. yeah listen to your body. I would be rubbish, and very cranky.

Too much fruit can have an adverse affect too on your digestive system (if you know what I mean.. huh hmmm)... AND not to mention the fruity sugars (which are the "good sugars") - will rot your teeth. So I wouldn't do it for long.

Errr... and bad breath... if you lose a friend or two over the weekend, you'll know why !?! Heehee...

Good luck x
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know how you made out on this.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm trying something right now with apples myself. I just started eating 6-8 apples a day to up my fiber intake, but I'm also eating protein and fat from other foods. I'm going to attempt to basically replace all my daily carb intake with apples. I've been blending them and making apple sauce. I'm gonna give it a shot for a week and see how it goes for my recomp. phase.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    This is a horrendous idea. You don't need a "purge", "cleanse", "detox", or "reset". If you feel you've been eating too many heavy foods for your preference, by all means, stop eating them for a few days if you so choose but bodies don't need these sort of extreme measures, they maintain the status quo by design and don't need extra help from us.

For context I picked an entry for granny smith apples and put in 14 (to get close to 1500 calories) and this is what you get, extraordinary little protein and fat.

m05gzw7jlj7l.png
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    sunNsurf wrote: »
    I am hoping to get good results!

Such as what?