wii- in general

Options
ok- We got a wii for Christmas.....we have been playing everyday since we opened the box....tennis, boxing, bowling......we really get into it. I know I'm burning calories playing this thing, but does anyone know how to calculate???? or do you just guess?

Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    ok- We got a wii for Christmas.....we have been playing everyday since we opened the box....tennis, boxing, bowling......we really get into it. I know I'm burning calories playing this thing, but does anyone know how to calculate???? or do you just guess?
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i think if you google

'calories burned on wii tennis' it will come up

i did that when i was using my wii regularly

:flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    Options
    Thanks....I just googled and the calories burned was pretty impressive.....I did get a HRM for Christmas too, so next time I will put it on while playing......for now, I'm going to take a realistic guess (most likely less than I actually burned).
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My brothers-in-law got a wii for Christmas too - - soooo much fun! They also got wii fit, but I didn't really see much of that. We boxed and bowled our fool heads off!

My hubby wants one now, but I said we need to pay off credit card bills first. So maybe by next Christmas... it's a good goal to have!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    We got one for xmas also. I wore my HRM and I only played for 15 minutes and I burned 100 calories. Of course I weigh more than you do watch48win. But if anyone else wants to know that is around my weight that is how much I burned at 264 lbs.

Connie
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Wii is great. We have had our wii for just over a year and have had wii fit for about half a year. While I don't think it replaces a full on fitness routine it definatley is a great addition to an active lifestyle. Though I must admit that wii fit has kicked my butt on more than one occasion. Now I am in the mood for some tennis lol.

:laugh:
  • connieq288
    Options
    I love your pic spyguy. To bad Im not on your team. Im on the blue team but that is funny.

COnnie
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    Options
    I just got Dance, Dance revolution for our wii last week and I am in love with it! I sweat so much I have to have a towel with me and the time just flies by. I highly recommend it.
  • connieq288
    Options
    The only thing that I hate about the Wii is the fitness thing that checks your age is hard LOL. I think I do good and then my age is so bad. Today I was at 69 yrs of age LOL. I am only 32. :sad:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Wii is great. We have had our wii for just over a year and have had wii fit for about half a year. While I don't think it replaces a full on fitness routine it definatley is a great addition to an active lifestyle. Though I must admit that wii fit has kicked my butt on more than one occasion. Now I am in the mood for some tennis lol.

:laugh:

when I read that wii fit kicked your butt I read "it's attacked your butt" and I just started laughing!! Do you think I'm tired!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I hate about the Wii is the fitness thing that checks your age is hard LOL. I think I do good and then my age is so bad. Today I was at 69 yrs of age LOL. I am only 32. :sad:

My kids use the Wii fit too. My 12 yo thinks it is cool when she comes in at 16, my 9 yo won't do the body test anymore because the little wii board told her she was in danger of being overweight. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

We did have a good talk about weight and self esteem, etc - she will not have issues because of this, but too funny about the nasty little talking board. It just keeps telling me balance is not my thing and asking me if I trip when I walk.. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Little $%#@*&^*%

I really do love it though - has taught me much about balance, and I love using for Yoga because it shows you where your balance is. Now I know why I always felt like I would fall over during some of the poses in class.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jb
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    I'm glad to hear people like the wii and wii fit. I plan to buy one once DH gets back from his deployment. It'll be nice to have something we can do together since I can't keep up with him when he works out. lol.
  • watch48win
    Options
    I just got Dance, Dance revolution for our wii last week and I am in love with it! I sweat so much I have to have a towel with me and the time just flies by. I highly recommend it.

Is that part of Wii fit? or just regular Wii? I don't have the Wii fit yet.....anyway...just got done whipping the DH at tennis again....we played ( and I mean hard) for 1/2 hour. Forget to put on the HRM, but I built up a sweat ( again). Man, I love this thing.....and so do the kids. My youngest is now playing baseball with dad. Nice to see there butts up off the couch and from out in front of the computer. :wink:

Here's to getting moving in 2009! woohoo
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    Options
    [/quote]
    Is that part of Wii fit? or just regular Wii?
    [/quote]

Just part of wii ... you use your hands too and you can play with up to four people. Good times!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love my wii and wii fit. :bigsmile:
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    I love my Wii. I do not have the Wii fit yet but I plan on getting it in the near future. I looked under cardio to log the boxing for the wii and it said it couldn't find anything under just "wii" it said nothing found.

Any suggestions?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Yeah, it told me my age was 63 and I thought I had done good too. I think on that note, I will go try it again!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Yeah, it told me my age was 63 and I thought I had done good too. I think on that note, I will go try it again!

Shoot, I did worse!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I was looking at wii's on E-bay last night. Do you have to have a console to do the exercises? I'm a tech dummy. :ohwell:
  • Adawny
    Adawny Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just got the Wii Fit & the Wii Outdoor Challenge!

The Wii Outdoor Challenge will KICK YOUR BUTT! It has lots of activities like running, jumping, kayaking etc.! I find that I need a program to keep myself in line and the outdoor challenge does that! Just thought I would mention it for those wanting try something other than the Wii Fit, although I enjoy both equally!

Does anyone else have the Wii Outdoor Challenge????

Any other move your body Wii games out there? The only other I have heard about the "Dance, Dance Revolution."

Adawny