Giving it another shot!!!

Options
Hello All!!! I am new to this site. I am so excited and well I guess the other word to describe my curretn state of mind is ......... fed up. I know I can and need to do better. All I have to do is take that step. And man do I have a long way to go.

Over the past summer I lost 35lbs. I was counting calories and soing it in such a way that I could continue it for the rest of my life. I was depriving myself of things I wanted. And as a result I went back to my old ways and packed on more weight than I lost. So I wam giving it anoither shoot. So here goes nothing.....

But this seems like the perfect place to get motivation and inspiration.

:smooched:

117526.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• TWJSWEET2002
    Options
    Hello All!!! I am new to this site. I am so excited and well I guess the other word to describe my curretn state of mind is ......... fed up. I know I can and need to do better. All I have to do is take that step. And man do I have a long way to go.

Over the past summer I lost 35lbs. I was counting calories and soing it in such a way that I could continue it for the rest of my life. I was depriving myself of things I wanted. And as a result I went back to my old ways and packed on more weight than I lost. So I wam giving it anoither shoot. So here goes nothing.....

But this seems like the perfect place to get motivation and inspiration.

:smooched:

117526.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome TWJSWEET! I am sure you will enjoy this site. I haven't been on here but about 1 1/2 weeks and everyone is great! Good luck with your journey!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    i did the same thing last year. lost 20 lbs then gained 28. :grumble:

i've realized that i cant deprive my self those things i really want. i really just need to control my portions and log everything!

you can totally do this. I'm glad to have you with us! :drinker:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    hi and welcome!

~Mel
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!
    Owensmommy is sooooo right! You CAN'T deprive yourself, you just need to watch your numbers and portions. I also "work" for higher numbers with exercise, which in MY case is walking or dancing to a fast oldies CD.
    THE BEST thing about MFP (besides that it's FREE!) is that it is NOT a diet. It's a "lifestyle change". When I used to hear the word "diet", the word "deprived" was right there too! And of course, after a few weeks of "depriving" myself of the "goodies" that I wanted, I'd cave, and the diet would be over with! But with MFP, I have things once or twice a month like: a McDonald's double cheeseburger, Chinese food, cookies, etc. I just "work" for them with watching my numbers and dancing my butt off! :laugh:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I agree with the advice you have gotten so far! Just remember to go easy on yourself if you do indulge every now and then....Good Luck to you!:drinker:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome :smile: I agree with what is being said. This sight has taught me how to control what I am eating and how much. I get my treats too . And my husband and I eat out quite a bit. I've just learned to make better choices when we do. And lots of water.:drinker:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    WELCOME :flowerforyou:

THE PEOPLE HERE ARE GREAT, AND THE TOOLS! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! GOOD LUCK!
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    Welcome and HAPPY NEW YEAR:flowerforyou: