Adrastos (September Challenge - Closed Group)

Options
Hi Everyone!

I am so excited to have our own forum. Feel free to post here and encourage each other. This is going to be a great month.

Sue

Replies

• nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Love it. The name is great. This week was challenging for me with trying to get in my normal routine as well as this challenge. Have to say sorry ladies, I went over my calories 1 day :sad: but have completed everything else. Good luck to us all and hope everyone else did well this week. Let's enjoy our day off tomorrow.
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    heyyy!!!
    looking forward to this week!!! cant wait!!!

ready to go. im from sutralia so a little infront of you guys but i did only 1 out of the 3 chellenges for bushmen series last week but was under my cals everyday and did the extra mile!!! :)

i will do better this week. this is my first time so just getting a hang on where to look and update and the challenges :)
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Did all the physical challenges this week and stayed under calories but didn't drink enough water. I tend to struggle with my water intake quite a bit, so I'm going to really have to push myself to drink what I need. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else did.
  • suzymyers
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone - sorry for posting this late. I will be posting on Sudanys from now on.

Week 2 Challenges (2 different Sets - choose one)

Set 1 Pygmy Tribe
    Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

Set 2 Bushman
    Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED
  • suzymyers
    Options
    Weekly Team Challenge - remember, you follow 1 set. You can certainly modify as your body needs it. Also if you don't finish all in one day, you can add on to another day, as long as you completed everything by the week's end.

Set 1 Pygmy
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

Set 2 Bushman
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • nyy03
    Options
    Gary also has this blog that you can go to for the exercises and videos.

http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-exercise-video-links.html
  • suzymyers
    Options
    Hi everyone, with 6/10 members reporting, we have 175 points for the first week. Hopefully I will hear from the others soon.
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Got my strength moves done and a 2.5 mile walk/run....now off to bed so that I can do it all again tomorrow!
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    did a 5km run today! :) 3km tomorrow then another 5km thurs!
  • suzymyers
    Options
    You're Awesome :flowerforyou:
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    Woohoooooo ohkay.. So i am back and back with a bang.... i just pray that i hvnt gained any weight.. :( uughhhh.. i was walking alot.. but eating a lot too :p heheheh....
    Sue.. my no's will be with u tomorrow.. and i'll try to cover as much as i can...

Bring it on September ;)
  • Ajessie
    Options
    So I feel like I'm letting my whole team down and I'm so sorry! I went over my calories on Monday and I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday! I'm not normally like this but between overtime at my current job, and an interview for a new job tomorrow morning I haven't had time to workout! I am SO SORRY I promise to do better next week!!
  • suzymyers
    Options
    Hi AJessie - No worries! You have the opportunity to make a fresh new start today :)
  • Ajessie
    Options
    My job interview is tomorrow morning at 8 am! After that I can calm down and start focusing more on the health aspect of life, haha. Definitely trying to control what I can for now while still focusing on getting this job!!! I could really use the ego boost (career wise anyway)
  • jannee
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Janny aka Jannee. Excited to be part of the challenge! Still really new to MFP and I keep a busy schedule but I will do my best to keep up with everything. =)
  • Ajessie
    Options
    Welcome to the team Janny! :)
  • nyy03
    Options
    Hi Janny, welcome and glad to have you aboard.

Ajessie, don't worry about this week you'll get on track tomorrow. Good luck with the interview.

How are we all doing with the challenges? I personally find the bearwalk and the burpees KILLER. I can't imagine what Gary will have for us next week. :laugh:
  • sisa2324
    Options
    Welcome Janny! How has everyone been doing with the challenge? I've been following the Pygmy challenge, but have added a couple of things from the advanced challenge as well.
    Ajessie-how did the interview go?
  • suzymyers
    Options
    I agree! Those Bear Walks are killing me!!! My cats are not doing well with them either. It completely freaks them out to see me walking like a bear :)
  • jannee
    Options
    the workout i do with the jillian michaels dvd has some similar exercises too. my legs were killing me today.