Have I had too much exercise or too much food?

Bengree
Bengree Posts: 12
edited October 2 in Fitness and Exercise
Not really sure what forum to post this in so I'll try them all.

Just returned from the bathroom where I have been spending the last 20 mins... being sick.
Now I don't know if it's the bike ride I was one and I over did it, or the excessive amount of squash I drunk after so I'll start by going through my day:

10:00am •English Breakfast a good (1100kcals)
03:30pm •4hour, 36.7miles bike ride (-2500kcals)
08:00pm •Steak, chips, bread, pint of soya milk, etc. (500kcals)
08:30pm •Drunk 1L of Robbinsons squash
11:10pm •Vomited up all the squash and dinner.

Now back to my questions:
•Did I drink too much squash and it mixed with the milk making me sick?
•Did I drink too much squash and filled my tummy to point of exspeltion?
•Did I over do my bike ride, making me sick?
•Last one, now that iv been sick, does that mean that I have eaten less calories so instead of my dinner being 500kcals have I only digested 400kcals of it?

Replies

• evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 349 Member
    That was a MASSIVE burn you did on the bike! That would be too much for a lot of people.
    How did you feel after it?
  • @evelyngrice: Well my legs got a bit tight and I looked like I went swimming but apart from that I was fine.
    This weekend: 36.7 miles
    Last weekend: 33.8 miles
    Before that one: 18.4 miles
    Before that one: 16.2 miles
    And before that: 14.5 miles

I have been setting my self targets to beat my last distance every time I cycle.
    I wouldn't say I'm unfit, just a little love handles here and there, but I can get my heart rate to 219bpm with out passing out when my max for my age is 199bpm.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    I would guess that if it was from the bike ride it would have happened soon after getting home from the bike ride. Were you feeling bad at any point before to got sick? Is that a normal ride for you? Maybe something just didn't agree with you or you have a bug of some sort. Have you continued to get sick or did it just happen once?
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 349 Member
    I would personally say it is the bike ride. In the past 2 weeks you have rapidly increased the length of your bike rides, and it might just be taking it's toll on your body. Drinking a litre of squash shouldn't have caused it, because a litre, when you think about it, isn't actually that much.

x
  • @thirtyandthriving: It was a normal bike ride... Ish, might of gone a tad over the top but last weekend I did 33.4 miles so another 3.3 miles shouldn't of killed me.
    I had that sick feeling in my tummy for... 5 mins so started to make my way to the bathroom which by the time I got to the door it was a photo finish (charming I know) was there for 5 mins then went down stairs for a drink, had a sip then had to run back again masking my mouth with my hands (charming again I know) 5 mins later I was just bringing up nothing.
    Now, I don't feel sick, but there is the feeling in my tum that I have been sick and feel violated.

@evelyngrice: Ok it might be 1.75L of squash and the pint of soya milk.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    yeah so just something you ate. If it was the bike ride it would not have been 5 hours after. Sorry your tummy feels violated. :( Plus it wasn't extreme. We have a bike ride here across our state that is 7 or 8 days long and people that don't ride to often bike like 60-80 miles a day with out much of a problem. BUT...just thought of this... did you drink enough water? Being dehydrated will make you sick like that...
  • @thirtyandthriving: Consumed drinks:
    •Brakefast: cup of tea and orange.
    •Before ride: pint of squash.
    •During: 600ml squash, 1500ml of Lucasade sports drinks.
    •Dinner: pint of soya milk.
    •After dinner: the evil 1.75L of squash.
This discussion has been closed.