NSV - Dropped 4 pant sizes!

Options
I took my 14 year old daughter shopping for a dress for her homecoming dance. While she was trying on dresses, I decided that I would look for some clothes for myself. My husband and eldest daughter have been telling me for more than a month that I need to buy new clothes, because I look like I'm wearing clowns' clothes! I have been relunctant to go shopping, because I really didn't want to waste the money knowing that I'm still working on "removing" this weight! So, first I held up a pair pants and said to my daughter that these look like they'll fit. She said, "they look too big!" That prompted me to go to the dressing room and try them on. I pulled them up, buttoned, and zipped them without "sucking" in! They are a size 20W!!:love: When I started this journey, I was wearing a size 26/28W!! :bigsmile:

I am so encouraged by this, that I can't wait to go down to the next size (hopefully, soon!)

Replies

• cfaye01
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is amazing! :) I am so happy for you
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    AWESOME FOR YOU !!! :happy: im the same way..i feel like im swimming in my clothes, so a shopping trip will be coming for christmas..yay...anyways, congrats to you, i bet you feel amazing :flowerforyou:
  • cdc1995
    Options
    that is awesome!!!!!
  • abirdy
    Options
    good for you,, it feels good to realize and see the difference.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!!! I've only gone down 2 pants sizes and it makes me ecstatic--I can't imagine how proud you must be about 4 sizes!! Just think--2 more sizes and you'll be out of the "big girl" stores :flowerforyou:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Glad it is motivating you - it does me too!!!! Hooray, keep up the great work!!! :bigsmile:
  • vickigee
    Options
    I know when I start here in January I went from a 16 to a 6. This is such a great place to have. SO everyone keep at it. You can do it just keep it up.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What a nice NSV!! Your hard work is definitely paying off :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!!
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love hearing stories like this!! Congrats, keep up the good work!! :)
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    AWESOME FOR YOU !!! :happy: im the same way..i feel like im swimming in my clothes, so a shopping trip will be coming for christmas..yay...anyways, congrats to you, i bet you feel amazing :flowerforyou:

Thanks! And, yes I do feel amazing! I only bought the one pair of pants (and wouldn't have if they had been more than $10 :laugh: ) But, it was so worth it, just for the NSV!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!!!! Congrats!
  • angijunbug
    Options
    That is just fabulous!!! Such a great feeling! You're doing a great job!
  • jmjones66
    Options
    That's incredible!!! I've only gone down 2 pants sizes and it makes me ecstatic--I can't imagine how proud you must be about 4 sizes!! Just think--2 more sizes and you'll be out of the "big girl" stores :flowerforyou:

I know, I can't wait to go down those two additional sizes. I have NEVER in my life been able to shop in the "regular" clothing stores, so that will be an extra special NSV!!:happy:
  • jmjones66
    Options
    Thanks ALL, for the words of encouragement!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That is such a good feeling! Congratulations!
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! it is a wonderful motivation to try on new clothes and the sizes are smaller.......lol it is a great feeling. good luck with your journey:)
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That is awesome girl and I am glad you saw the difference your new lifestyle has done for you! Keep it up and soon you will be flaunting some serious threads among other things! :drinker: :wink: :laugh:
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    That is exciting! I remember when I tried on smaller pants for the first time I couldn't stop turning in all directions in the dressing room mirror, thinking "this can't be me" I had a grin from ear to ear I'm sure I looked insane leaving the room.
  • mommyfor3boys
    mommyfor3boys Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yay! That is great!! It's such a great feeling putting on those smaller jeans!

The other day I took a pair of jeans and grabbed my "old" size out of habit and just scared that If I grabbed smaller they wouldn't fit but it felt good that they were indeed too big for me and I got a smaller size.

keep up the GREAT work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!