My Clothes Fit The Same?!

Options
Ok...I'm very confused. I've lost 25 lbs since May. I assumed my cold weather clothes would be too big. I tried on my clothes today and they all fit the same. I'm 7 lbs down from last month and my inches didn't move at all. I see a difference from the mirror and in pictures. Why aren't my clothes fitting differently?

Replies

• doureb
    doureb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    They probably got smaller the last time you washed them,
    I can imagine how frustrated you got to be about that, I probably could cry,
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    im kind of the same. i have lost 42lbs and i can still wear the same clothes. they are a bit looser but wearable.
    i agree its very frustrating.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Have you been exercising?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    They probably got smaller the last time you washed them,
    I can imagine how frustrated you got to be about that, I probably could cry,

agree to this... because those fabrics tend to shrink when being washed. another thing i think your body needs toning so the inches would shrink. you need to start strength training to sculpt your body. cardio can burn a significant amount of calories in less time but it cannot tone & sculpt your body so you need to do also strength training.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'll try to put this delicately because I've been there myself but how did they fit before? The last time this happened to me I lost 30 lbs without dropping a pants size but I was also having a bit of denial about how big I was and I kept stuffing myself into my old clothes that were too small. This may not be the case for you but it was for me. Once my body caught up with my mental image of myself I started dropping clothing sizes in proportion with the amount of weight I was losing.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i lost 24 pounds and didn't notice much difference in my size, and wore the same clothing when I gained the weight as well o_O

I have no clue why this is, but just wanted to let you know I feel you lol! ^.^

PS: Most of my clothing I have had A LONG TIME lol...no way the washing thing could have shrunk them after so long ^.^
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I had the same problem today. Since it was rainy here, I decided to put on a pair of jeans that I bought this past winter and they were tight. I normally wear a size 10-11 and I checked the tag, sure enough a 10. I got frustrated, but after a few minutes of thinking things through, I thought to myself, "have you ever worn these?" I honestly cannot answer that question. If I did, I didn't wear them more than once, if at all. Maybe like others suggested, they shrunk or perhaps they didn't fit well last season.
    I know that when you loose weight, your body kind of shifts. Mine has changed dramatically in certain areas. Clothes fit me differently now, than before.
    Don't give up!!! You have made excellent progress.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'll try to put this delicately because I've been there myself but how did they fit before? The last time this happened to me I lost 30 lbs without dropping a pants size but I was also having a bit of denial about how big I was and I kept stuffing myself into my old clothes that were too small. This may not be the case for you but it was for me. Once my body caught up with my mental image of myself I started dropping clothing sizes in proportion with the amount of weight I was losing.

This was me.....I've been flipping back and forth between 38lbs & 45lbs lost, and I just barely seemed to go down a size. Thinking back, I think all my old clothes "fit", but not how they should have. So now they fit properly/snugly still and it was really depressing that they weren't super loose after losing so much.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    maybe do a full circle in the mirror? a lot of my clothes still fit pretty similarly, but my backfat isn't as noticable.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have had this same problem....I've lost 27lbs, and all of my clothes still fit! I looked back at some pictures of me before I started MFP, and decided that I was sadly overestimating the stretchy factor of my clothing. I probably should have been wearing a size or maybe 2 bigger than I was before.
    As Other people have said, maybe it's time to tone? I have no Idea, but this sounds right to me, at least.
    Good luck with everything!!!