Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Here's a question for you...

2»

Replies

• orekosi3485
    orekosi3485 Posts: 354 Member
    edited April 2018
    It could be a possibility that every star we see up in the sky is a sun that has its own planets orbiting it (including its own Earth).
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Because the universe has no limits it is infinite. Therefore infinite mathematics has to be used. The answer will always be "an infinite number" ....how many planets out there have life? An infinite number
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    Because the universe has no limits it is infinite. Therefore infinite mathematics has to be used. The answer will always be "an infinite number" ....how many planets out there have life? An infinite number

Well the universe is expanding so i dont think its infinite. Actually im what you call a finite. A person who doesnt believe the infinite exists outside of the human construct. It´s simply an idea made up by us. Though if we check statistically speaking there are still very likely lives on other planets. If they are advanced enough to actually visit us i think they would pay us no mind as they would be close to gods compared to us. We would be more like insects. A very toxic self destructive insect at that.

• gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    gcibsthom wrote: »

Well the universe is expanding so i dont think its infinite. Actually im what you call a finite. A person who doesnt believe the infinite exists outside of the human construct. It´s simply an idea made up by us. Though if we check statistically speaking there are still very likely lives on other planets. If they are advanced enough to actually visit us i think they would pay us no mind as they would be close to gods compared to us. We would be more like insects. A very toxic self destructive insect at that.

Interesting. However I have to disagree that the universe is expanding. By definition, the universe is all of space and time and their contents. Therefore infinite. When we say that the "universe is expanding", it is somewhat of a misnomer. The OBSERVABLE universe is expanding, yes. But the observable universe is finite....If the entire universe is expanding, that means it has limits and is therefore not the universe.
  • DifferentView
    DifferentView Posts: 17,416 Member
    There are some interesting comments here. I do believe that there must be life on other planets and indeed, other solar systems, not sure what kind of life.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    YES!! :mrgreen: