should we take days off exercise and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• CarrieJaneSmith
    CarrieJaneSmith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a freelance writer, and I actually wrote an article on this topic. The doctor I spoke to said that when we work out we need time off to allow our body to heal and rebuild from the stress of working out. This makes our bodies stronger, and gives muscle mass time to build. Not resting between workouts can cause stress fractures and other injuries/strains that will end up hurting weight loss goals in the long run, when you lose weeks of workouts because you are healing from over doing it.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If you're not working out at least 6 hours a day, seriously, what's the point? WHAT'S THE POINT BRO?!?!

Blessings! :flowerforyou:
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    As most others have stated, taking a rest day is important for you body to recover, especially if you are lifting, but a rest day doesn't necessarily mean doing nothing. A few years ago when I was in the best shape of my life I would only take one or two rest days a month because when I lifted each day focused on different body parts, so I was resting the other muscles on days that I wasn't training them. When I ran cross country in college we were supposed to take a rest day before big meets. I noticed I would preform better at the meets after rest days than if I didn't. I recently did some research on this same topic and posted the results on my blog about a week or so ago and then again on MFP tonight. You might want to check it out.