Ideas for "on the go" snacks..?

Options
I work 8 hours a day and am on my feet most of them. I was wondering if anyone had good ideas
for "on the go" snacks..

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Z bars, made by Clif bars. They're meant for kids but I love them.
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I always try to for a snack have some protein with carb....few examples.....frigo's string cheese(frigos is the yummiest)--- raw almonds or pistachios or walnuts sunflower seeds etc with an apple or box of dried fruit/ Think thin crunchy bars are my favorite protein bar for on the run.../ i love just grabbing a spoonful of natural peanut butter or almond butter with an apple or celery sticks make sure it's like Adams or maranatha cuz the skippy and jiff has tons of sodium and sugar versus the natural....I agree with above post kids z bars are good too but i'd pair it with some protein cuz they don't have much.....hope that helps!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like Lara bars and Kind Bars.

Also, I prepare snacks like almonds and/or walnuts, cut up veggies (carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, cucumbers), fruit (grapes, raisins, apples, plums, bananas-whatever you like) ahead of time and just grab and go when I need them. I also really like the Sunsweet prunes that are individually wrapped-Ones, I think they are called. 25 cals each.

I just pack a cooler with an ice pack and I'm set. Sometimes, I'll grab a greek yogurt of one flavor or another too. And cheese bars/sticks.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head...
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I rotate between Nature Valley Salty & Sweet bars, Emerald Almond 100 cal packs, Smashbars and Special K bars (toss 'em in my purse when I go out of the house) and small red delicious apples.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    grapes, cut up apples, "gogurt" [there are better yogurts out there but if you freeze it, it'll be good whenever], mixed up homemade trail mix with almonds, craisins, mini chocolate chips, and whatever else. carrots, pretzel thins. string cheese.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I like the luna protein bars.... ok - LIKE is a strong word but the mint chip ones are pretty good (stay away from the plain chocolate though, icky). They are decent tasting and a little higher in protein for the calories than other options. Clif bars are also good - I'm told lara bars and kind bars are too although when I look at a kind bar I think "....or I could just eat a handful of almonds..."

I use the luna protein because the mint chocolate is 170 for 12grams of protein, and a clif bar is 240 for 10-11 grams of protein. But that's also because I find it hard to get enough protein without supplementing.
  • JohnnyStorm
    JohnnyStorm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    -pure protein bars
    -fruit (Fuji Apples keep well)
    -Jerkey (unless you have an issue with meat or sodium)
    -Bumblebee Tuna sensations (comes wiht small pack of crackers and a small shovel)
  • jamie_charlene
    jamie_charlene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    awesome, thanks everyone!