why why why

Why do I get the most hungry at night? And does anyone have any advice on how to prevent or stop this crazy hunger from coming up so much? fill me in on your secrets!

Replies

• Why do I get the most hungry at night? And does anyone have any advice on how to prevent or stop this crazy hunger from coming up so much? fill me in on your secrets!
  • As hard as it is to go through, that hungry feeling is a sign that you are losing weight. Your body did not consume enough calories today to sustain itself, so it is literally feed off of itself -burn baby burn and eating away at those extra fat stores. I know it is hard to go through, but I always welcome it b/c I know it is necessary for the weight loss.

Keep up the good work, try a large glass of water and maybe a light snack, like an apple, something just enough to keep the edge off.

Good luck!
  • no secrets here but I can say that everyday after I get off work till I go to bed my cravings start.

Mine is more bad habits though not really hungry just need a food fix.

Good luck to us both!

~Mel
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Why do I get the most hungry at night? And does anyone have any advice on how to prevent or stop this crazy hunger from coming up so much? fill me in on your secrets!
    A number of us on MFP spread out our meals in the day ...we do 5-6 mini meals so you really are eating carb/protein about every 2 hours or so...this can help lots in keeping hunger at bay...if you find yourself hungry at night perhaps plan your snack accordingly.

Just some ideas that might help you out:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • OHHHH YEAH>>>

CELERY!

It's light filling and has a natural sleep adgent!
  • gvan90
    gvan90 Posts: 2
    i find that if i have a snack later in the day with some kind of "good fat" (avocado,almond butter, olives) i get more satiated. don't worry about the concept of "fat" if your calorie intake is in order your fine.
  • gail15
    gail15 Posts: 15
    I think that evening and nighttime are the toughest when trying to lose weight. I started keeping sugarfree gum in my kitchen drawer beside the stove so that I chew on it while I'm cooking instead of eating the ingredients before they go in the pot:laugh: Staying busy reading or any project that I have to use my hands during the evening helps too--keeping my mind off of food. Also try some healthy snacks--like fat free popcorn---just don't eat in front of the t.v! Try hard to eat only in the kitchen--that helps bunches:happy: Good luck.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Like Fitness Chick said, plan your calories so you can have a snack. Denying yourself only makes it harder and sets you up for failure.
    We eat dinner at 5pm. There is no way I could go all night without something. Sometimes it's popcorn, a few dark chocolate kisses, yogurt. Depends on how hungry I am.