Over a Year Here & Had A Day of Firsts! 2 NSVs

Options
A day of amazing firsts.Those who know anything about me know that my husband is the runner in the family but I had a little running victory today.

I ran 7.5 miles at a 12 min 12 sec pace! This is the first time in my life I have ran that long of a distance without stopping. The speed will come, but for now, I'm thrilled with it. A year ago I couldn't walk up stairs without getting winded.

I felt so great after running that I went ahead and did my strength training for an hour giving me my biggest caloric burn to date. 1018 calories!

I never pulled a high number like this when I was 217 lbs... so to pull out a burn like this at 128 lbs was amazing to me.

Thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    CONGRATS!!

Nikki, you're an inspiration. And now I believe more when doctors say muscle burns more calories than fat. Great job on running for so long so fast. AND on burning so many calories. You must have been exhausted!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually felt great! This tropical storm is pounding us but I still managed to go to the library, Lowe's, and Target to grocery shop after my work out. I smelled like hot garbage but it was raining so hard that no one else was crazy enough to be out in it but me so I didn't have to worry about being smelled. When you're as busy as I am- you have to get it done when you can!!! lol

I brought plenty of water and ate a Perfect 10 bagel w/ Naturally More PB before I ran, a protein bar after I ran, and a banana after my strength work out... so as long as I stayed hydrated and fueled up- I felt like I could honestly have ran another 3 miles.

I've had 3 knee surgeries on my left knee so this horrible weather (I'm in southern Alabama) has made my arthritis flare... but luckily it wasn't bothering me during the run!

It felt so great that I almost started crying!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done! i wouldnt worry about speed so much- the fact that you could manage 7miles is excellent. speed will come later on. keep up the good work
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    excellent accomplishments!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!