new mother trying to lose baby weight

Options
Hi there, I'm 23 from Queensland Australia.
Ive always had trouble losing weight and the only time Ive been real thin is when i was a teen (was practically starving myself).
I'm a new mummy, my gorgeous little boy is 6 months old, and Ive finally decided to lose those extra kilos I put on, and its quite a lot.
Any TIPS, friend requests from other mothers struggling with there weight or anyone in general FEEL FREE. I like to think I'm very friendly :p

Replies

• catalepticdru
    Options
    If you are still breastfeeding - don't stop, as it is a great way to lose weight!
  • dbarragan
    dbarragan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This website has been the most effective for me. Just keep logging and excercising and you will be on your way! Enjoy your little one!
  • dbarragan
    Options
    This website has been the most effective for me. Just keep logging and excercising and you will be on your way! Enjoy your little one!
  • dbarragan
    Options
  • dbarragan
    Options
  • tina2222
    Options
    Hi we're the same age and i also have a wee boy he is 10months old. im trying to do the same as you and lose the baby weight! Im from new zealand, so not far from you :) im am finding this site very useful and motivating. and i agree with the breastfeeding comment. i have lost 20kg from breastfeeding alone, and have started exercising and this site to lose the last 10. goodluck with ur efforts! ill add you :)
  • blairsmomma2009
    Options
    On my good, not so busy days, I like to try to see how many times I can post in the excercise log :) Kind of challenging myself! Plus snacking on healthing foods (small portions of course) is the best method. Good luck! I have finally made it to my pre-pregnancy weight (after a year and a half) and just trying to get 'fit' again! It takes time! Don't expect miracles.. GOOD LUCK
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Have just sent you a pm :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mum, or strugglng, but I'd be happy for you to add me and we'll share tips purely on the strength of your use of the metric system and your immaculate spelling!
  • KimMischke
    Options
    lol Iron Smasher. Immaculate spelling? Are you being serious? I'm not sure if you're taking the mickey out of me or not. I'm generally terrible at spelling and punctuation! I will add you now.
  • katxb16
    katxb16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I myself am a new mommy trying to shed the baby weight. I was very into working out pre-baby, was a size 2-3 before. My weight before pregnancy was a healthy 105 lbs and at 9 months pregnant I was 158 lbs. I have since lost some weight from breastfeeding and excercising, I am now at 129 lbs. My goal is to lose 20 more lbs before the end of the year. I know it will take a lot of dedication and hard work. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin again. Using this app on my phone has been such a big help, it gives me a more precise idea of how many calories I take in and how many I burn. I used to try to log my food diary using a journal but I would always forget. Since I'm always on my phone anyway, this makes it so much easier. For all those moms out there trying to lose the baby weight, stay motivated! You are doing the right thing by taking care of yourself. A happier mommy means a happier husband and baby!
  • i_like_snow
    i_like_snow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!

I'm a mom of two small boys. I can't saying I'm trying to lose the baby weight since I put most of it on after the birth of my second son. But I do want my pre baby body back! I have 15lbs to lose and this site is really helpful!

GL with your journey!
  • ashnbain
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this is a great site and very helpful! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend we all need as much encouragement as possible :)
    Ash