Zumba for Wii i LOVE you!!

Options
right lets get this straight, 2 weeks ago i had a super bad week! I had a takeaway everyday! 2 macdonalds, 1 indian, 3 chippies! and friday was the only decet day i had! So on the sunday morning when i weigh myself i had put on 6lb! Obviously because i ate soo much crap, and all though i did excercise alot that week - it wasnt enough to burn off all the food! Anyway last sunday on my weigh in i didnt loose anything even though the week was ok ish.

But this morning when i weighed in, i lost a whopping 3lb!! I was over the moon!! Really really happy! This week i had a good few days with food where it would be nice and healthy, but on tuesday and wednesday i slipped down a bit. I went cinema tuesday and ate whole bag of those new twirl bites to myself along with popcorn and dr pepper! And on wednesday i had a chicken korma abd rice from the indian. I knew that this week i wasnt going to loose anything because of that!

Ive got the zumba game for wii and ive been on that everyday doing a 45 minutes session, id then let myself cool down for 30 mins after and then id go on just dance for the wii for about 30 minutes. I recently brought a hrm, which i LOVE! its my new best friend! I just love working out with it ad seeing that heart rate go up and up and seeing those calories burnt shoot up aswell!! With 45 minutes of zumba i have been burning over 650 cals and 30 mins just dance ive been burning over 300 cals. So ive been doing that since last sunday. And ive lost 3lb this morning because of it!!! :)

Soo ive found my new love - zumba for wii!!

Ive also noticed that my 'muffin top' is shrinking a little! I could grab it with my hand and there would be lots of it! But now when i grab it theres hardly nothing there to pinch anymore! Just a little fat that is all! Soo for anyone who is thinking about getting the zumba for wii - GET IT! its brilliant! And makes you sweat sweat sweat!

Just thought id share my happiness with everyone on here! x

Replies

• karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have wii zumba and just dance, I thinks its awesome too!!! I love the calypso and cumbian routines, you can really feel the burn!!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow what a good incentive, I have both and really enjoy them when I do them, it's putting them on in the first place that I have trouble with!

I will try and remember your post, and get on with it! Thank you :-)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have wii zumba and just dance, I thinks its awesome too!!! I love the calypso and cumbian routines, you can really feel the burn!!

Oh yesss!! The calypso is by far the routine that gets my heart rate up and burning those cals!! :)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    your posts makes me so hungry!!
    still havent got round to trying those twirl bites yet!
    there always sold out in the shop!
    And it really does show how hard uv been working! ^_^
  • xSophia19
    Options
    your posts makes me so hungry!!
    still havent got round to trying those twirl bites yet!
    there always sold out in the shop!
    And it really does show how hard uv been working! ^_^

Hahahahaa lol!! Twirl bites are lovely! But beware theres 880 calories per bag!!!! And thanks :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've been considering zumba for the wii, but I love the dvd too much! haha.
  • martina123321
    Options
    Well done for getting back on track.

I have just ordered Zumba for the Kinect. I have Dance central and love that too. I know I will love Zumba, it is totally up my street.

I go on Dance Central for an hour and burn 675 calories.

Keep up the good work, I cant wait to jump on my Zumba game.

Makes exercising fun.

Happy weighing :D
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I've been considering zumba for the wii, but I love the dvd too much! haha.

Heheeh :) id love to get all the zumba dvds ive seen around in shops, its just money tho arghhh haha!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I just have the ones that came with the toning sticks. Didn't buy them. Traded with someone else on MFP for a Jillian Michael's game I had. Didn't like it at all.
  • tina2222
    Options
    I have zumba on xbox kinect and i have been religeously doing it 2 times a day for this whole week on intermediate 45mins. i LOVE it it is soo fun! i dont know how many cals i burn doing it but i sweat alot! lol iv been logging it in my exercise as "dancing, general" because zumba isnt on the list and dancing general says i burn 233cals per 45mins. But you are burning 650cals on zumba!? wow! maybe im burning way more than im logging wich would be extra awesome when it comes to weighing in day! keep up the good work :)
  • tina2222
    Options
    oh and i like it better on the xbox or wii as you cant cheat or you dont get enough points to move onto the next round and motivate you. Whereas you can give up on the dvd and you are only disappointing yourself
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have both of those games. Just waiting for the motivation to arrive for me to actually use them!
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I just have the ones that came with the toning sticks. Didn't buy them. Traded with someone else on MFP for a Jillian Michael's game I had. Didn't like it at all.

Ahhh cool! Ive got the 30ds, it bores me to death haha! I only went up to level 2! I prefer like dancing excercise like zumba n stuff :) burn much more calories!!
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh i think there is something about this.. :)
    I wet looking forwii fitness stuff.. just last night and this morning found the zumba one, after reading that. Of yeh... next... buy.. :)
    That just makes it official :)

Thats for the heads up....:)

*novice wii player - slowing becoming an addict.. :)
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Yeah, I have the shred and was completely NOT digging it. It bores me to death. She's no fun for me.

I also LOVE zumba and dancing. I tend to just dance for a workout all the time. Not a game or a video or anything. Just make a good playlist and work up a sweat. Thank God for my awesome sense of rhythm. :D
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I like the Zumba for the Wii it can kick my butt
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Yeah, I have the shred and was completely NOT digging it. It bores me to death. She's no fun for me.

I also LOVE zumba and dancing. I tend to just dance for a workout all the time. Not a game or a video or anything. Just make a good playlist and work up a sweat. Thank God for my awesome sense of rhythm. :D

Ive seen and heard people get greats results from 30ds, but theres nothing to it, just her voice babbling on all the time! Ha

Oooh wicked! =)
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I've never actually listened to her talk.

I always unplug the sound and turn on some music instead. :D
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I have zumba on xbox kinect and i have been religeously doing it 2 times a day for this whole week on intermediate 45mins. i LOVE it it is soo fun! i dont know how many cals i burn doing it but i sweat alot! lol iv been logging it in my exercise as "dancing, general" because zumba isnt on the list and dancing general says i burn 233cals per 45mins. But you are burning 650cals on zumba!? wow! maybe im burning way more than im logging wich would be extra awesome when it comes to weighing in day! keep up the good work :)

Wow! 2 times a day! That would kill me!!! Ive got a hrm and according to that i burn over 650 cals per 45 mins. Thats the average for a normal zumba class anyway. I got my hrm from tesco direct, its a kelly holmes one and its £26. Soo if your in the UK, you could get that, it works great for me :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I've never actually listened to her talk.

I always unplug the sound and turn on some music instead. :D

Haha! I should of done that!