P90x... How important is the nutrition guide?

Options
_Ben
_Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
Im trying to determine how necessary the nutrition guide is on the p90x. The problem is Im a college student who normally goes to school at 9am, then gets home from work at 11 am. I am just not certain Ill be able to keep up with the nutrition guide. Id be happy to keep going with MyFitness Pal, and increase my daily protein while decreasing my daily fat, but I want to determine the necessity of following the guide. Im very impressed by the results ive seen using p90x, but I want to make sure it will work for me. PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• _Ben
    Options
    My other point is I take my girl out to eat about 1x a week, so would that totally ruin it for me too?
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    My other point is I take my girl out to eat about 1x a week, so would that totally ruin it for me too?

Not at all. I think the nutrition guide is just that...a GUIDE. Do what works for you and makes you feel best. Trust me, you'll be burning enough calories that a little variance in macronutrients won't make a difference. Enjoy!

EDITED TO ADD: Don't focus too much on decreasing dietary fat. Carbs on the other hand are worth limiting. :)
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation last year (trying to fit in school and work outs). The problem I ran into was not having enough energy to make through the day with out going up to around 1400 calories. The exercises are pretty awesome though, and very effective.
  • _Ben
    Options
    I appreciate the advice guys. Im gonna get my weight down into the 150s before I start, but I want to get all the information togerther before I begin. My sister bought this program last year (not sure if she has the pull up bar). Im really looking forward to starting this program in a month or two, and any advice would help
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i am starting the p90x tomorrow :drinker: anyways i will be sticking to my "normal" diet....
    so i wouldn't worry that much as long as you eat healthy!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start p90x but I've been tuning my diet over the last year and a bit, and I've found it acceptable for my happiness and my weight loss, so I'll probably just carry on doing my thing.

But as I'll be upping my resistance workouts, I may want to tune it a bit more.

beachbody is in the business of selling over priced branded products to a captive audience, so I'll remain wary!