Calf muscles..

clevercut
clevercut Posts: 3 Member
I am more than happy with my progress on MFP but I have one concern, my calf muscles, they are solid but big!! Now at the moment I can't where boots and I desperately want some uggs for winter, so my question is, will my calf muscles reduce as they are carrying less weight around or will I always have massive tree trunk legs?

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Is it solid muscle? Nothing wrong with solid calves. Doesn't help you with the boots...but just saying ;)
  • I am more than happy with my progress on MFP but I have one concern, my calf muscles, they are solid but big!! Now at the moment I can't where boots and I desperately want some uggs for winter, so my question is, will my calf muscles reduce as they are carrying less weight around or will I always have massive tree trunk legs?
    I have never been able to get boots to fit my calves - even when I was a size 10. I used to wear lace up boots rather than the pull on or zip up. Military style are in this year and there are loads of lace ups available. There are lots of sites that cater for larger calf sized boots if you google it too.

I haven't got tree trunks, far from it. My legs have always been very shapely but I do walk for miles so have great defined muscles.

I wear my hiking boots with everything now though :happy:
  • bump, i have the same problem and have never been able to wear knee high boots that zip! I know your frustration!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    i have always have naturally big calves and the only boots that really fit mine are UGGs. I was trying to buy some leather boots for this winter, and I measured my calf and it is more than 5 inches bigger than normal boot sizes come in. I feel like the wide calf boots are not as cute as normal boots.
    but I just bought some oormal knee high boots from a brand called Diba? They skim over my calf and land at my knee so my calves look smaller. it's gonna be hard to tuck denim into them but i just reallllly wanted them.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Plus sized stores often sell boots with wider shanks to accommodate bigger calves if you just can't find any that fit. I've also read that yoga and pilates will lengthen your muscles which might help them fit better into boots. Don't know if it will really help but stretching won't hurt you any ;)
This discussion has been closed.