your dinner?

Options
so what are all u having for ur dinner tonite? i need some ideas ive ran out of things to try :\

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Probably 2 Turkey Burgers made from extra lean ground turkey. Whole Grain Thin Rolls. Touch of Vermont White Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i think tonight it is shepherds pie, well thats what i've bought stuff to make, but my other half is cooking tonight so it could be anything, i bought stuff in last sunday (he cooks on a sunday if i'm working, its the only time he does :grumble: ) and somehow came home to a chinese take away!! and even if he does do the shepherds pie its going to have all sorts of extras in it and probably half a block of cheese on the top, despite him knowing i'm trying to loose weight, i'll also be lucky to learn what any of the extras are as he never tells me, needless to say i'm having a very small lunch just in case
  • Sandiraa
    Sandiraa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • nothingbutapackofcards
    Options
    I made lentil, spinach and ricotta pies. Ate one and saved the rest for another day. I have a little pie maker so it's easy with that but you can easily make in a little pie dish or make a big one and just have one piece.

I use 2 sheets of vegan fat reduced pastry, 1 can of organic lentils, can of crushed or finely diced tomatoes, about 4 tbls light ricotta and some baby spinach. Makes 4 pies, with some filling and pastry left over.

I cook the drained lentils in a pan (no oil) with a can of tomatoes. Add whatever herbs I feel like from the pantry or garden (this time it was just some rosemary and pink salt) and I throw in a little bit of French onion soup mix too...sounds a bit "dero" but it's actually nice, flavours it well (and cheap...I am a student). Cook until done nicely. Then cut and arrange the pastry bottom, pop in some filling and a bit of spinach, put a dollop of ricotta on the top. put the pastry top on and bake until golden. Quite delicious.

This is just one of my "can't be bothered cooking" dishes quick and easy but tasty :)

One pie is just over 100 calories all up.
  • docHelen
    Options
    roast dinner............i love it, piles of veg to fill you up, but go steady on the meat and roast potatoes (roasted with out fat). always surprises me how relatively low in calories it is but how deliciously full it makes you
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Dry roasted sausages (weight watchers low fat) and swede/carrot mash plus lots of other veggies. Yummy for my Tummy.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    carnitas with guacamole, so healthy right :D