Foods to eat BEFORE workout?

subie78
subie78 Posts: 2
What foods do they reccomend before working out? Someone asked me the other day, and I don't know...I am in a platuea, haven't lost any weight for 3-4 weeks now, and thinking it could be because of this...Any ideas?

Replies

• RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Peanut butter, nutritional bar, protein bar, fruit,....
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Light carbs before workout, protein during recovery, after workout.
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    I'm heading out for a run and I just had a piece of toast and peanut butter.
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Greek yogurt. Has a little of everything and wont make you feel too full when you workout.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Protein bar, boiled egg and banana.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    oatmeal, toast w/peanut buter jam or honey, bagel, english muffin, yogurt, cereal, granola, banana
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Snack bars, such as Alpen. or juices. Do not eat huge meal before workout cuz it will get u to stomach ache! Just light snack!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    For instance...yesterday...I had a scheduled club ride (43 miles) at 8:00 am. I got up at 6:15 and ate a serving of oatmeal. If I was still hungry, I would have a banana. I also agree with eating a little peanut butter...but I'm not much for peanut butter.
  • This post is interesting to me too. I used to eat NOTHING in my youth before a run. I had trouble with needing the restroom too much during runs. There was always lots of food available after a run, so I could fill up then. I am just starting to work out again, and don't like the nausea I feel if I eat absolutely nothing, so all the ideas on this thread help. I am too old to be starving during my workout!
This discussion has been closed.