Calorie counting watches - any recommendations?

Options
Hi, i have a heart rate monitor with a strap and watch which calculates calories etc but is very basic. Is there simply a watch you can wear that calculates calories or do you have to have the body strap too? Also, is there a decent one for less than £100? Preferably waterproof.
Many thanks

Replies

• spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    This has been recommended to me many times (or any of the Polar Heart Rate Monitors)

Much less than £100 and it has great reviews. Sadly I cannot afford one yet but am planning to invest in the future!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-FT4M-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B001U0OFCS/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IFRE83TD7O2EE&colid=2RHPUXTLKVWKQ

Edit: Also I think you can get watches that just do it, but it's generally thought that ones with a body strap are more accurate.
  • joejarboe
    Options
    I do NOT recommend the Timex T5G981... Its the second level Timex Heart Rate monitor and it over estimates the calories burned... I have found that the calories burned estimates in the MyFitnessPal database are not all that bad based on comparisons with other workout equipment. I think, in general, most of the devices calculating calories burned will only get you to an approximate value anyway.... so as long as you can find a close match to the activity you are performing in a calorie database I don't know that you really need to invest in a calorie counter device...
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline which is OK, but I like the Polar BlurTooth one.In fact it works with the gym Precor treadmill, and my Android using Noom. Noom is freaking amazing! it BTs to a scale and the HRM, keeps track of all your cardio, and calories. I just transfer the MFP totals to it, and copy the cardio to MFP.