No Motivation!!

Options
Ok, so for the past 3 weeks I have had absolutely no motivation to go to the gym, or even to be super strict on my dieting. While I have not gained any weight. Has anyone hit a weight where they feel comfortable and then just lost motivation?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! I was working really hard on my short-term goal before we left on vacation. Just before we left on vacation I guess I lost my motivation because I knew I had planned to go on vacation and not worry about any goal until I came home and set a new one. It did not harm me much in weight, I went on vacation, but had a hard time losing after that because it was summertime, but I continued to get on the scale every day and did not gain. I was proud of myself for not gaining :) But I knew I had work to do yet. Whats this? another vacation coming up. Okay, time to hit it hard, so I did, and I reached my goal. Love having those vacations as a goal :) However, now vacations are over, summer is over and I am hitting my one year mark, so I am treating my one year mark as my first day all over again. I am changing things up as far as exercise goes (one year ago when I started I did not even exercise). I rearranged my basement to reflect a gym, I am devising a schedule that reflects both work, family, and gym, and I am sticking to my eating program! It feels good to be back to 110% committment.

Not sure if this helped you at all......bottom line, you just need to re-commit yourself to your goals. Do whatever you have to do to do that. Think back to your day 1 of your journey, what was it like, what was your mindset like? can you bring yourself back to that?
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but congrats on reaching your goal, now so you don't lose it, start back at the gym and watch what you eat or you will be back to where you don't want to be.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i do, but i set mini goals for myself. I register for race 3,4,5 months out and i know i have to train for those races. Or a new workout outfit for Christmas or a beach trip in the spring......

Maybe if you set out mini goals throughout the year, that would help you?
  • majorcharmer
    Options
    awesome spennato for the weight you have lost and luv2ash. you go youall. just seeing people lose like that is motivation for me. keep up the good commtiment. when you start to lose motivation look at how far you have come. that in itself should keep ya motivated.
  • ladysandy
    Options
    Spennato, I have a long way to go still..(40pounds to lose). but look at you, you have lost so much, woowow it's amazing... I would say, if you feel good how you are stay there, try to exercise only 3 days a week instead of everyday, make sure you don't gain weight, and start over after Xmas maybe! I don't know how much you still need to lose but that would be an idea! Sometimes we get bored of doing the same thing and we need a break. If you feel good at how you are now no need for you to lose more then. The important thing here is if you LOVE yourself, LOVE how you look then perfect... I,m supossing you only need to lose a couple a more pounds cause you sure look good to me how you are now! But think of it, you've been dieting for what a year now??? I couldn't see how long you were here, but anyways, you've been doing this for a 1 year maybe more, and the last few pounds are harder to lose. Take a break and in Jan. when you come back your body won't be used to that dieting because you will have taken a break and those last pounds will come off so fast you won't even believe it!
    Hope this help :drinker: chin chin friend
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yeppers~~~off & on. It is especially so when I hit those frustrating plateaus. Hang in there, Tony. Look how hard you've worked, all the great progress you've made and how much more heart healthy you are because of it. You're in the Atlantic NE area. You've been dealing with hot, humid weather and you still kept trucking along with your daily exercise and nutrition program faithfully. You and the family suffered through the hurricane effects with high water around your home. You kept working on your responsible job, dealing with the elements & threats to your home and safety and you also kept "working out" too. It's okay to take some kick-back time now and then. We just need to remain mindful to not backslide and have to start all over again like I did over & over for 55 years (of my 73 years of life). Big hugs to you and the family.
    :)