Geesh- frustrated

Options
Okay, so I'm in Virginia cleaning up our River property from Irene damage. I kicked *kitten* yesterday. I felt so good, I took apart washed out stairs, shoveled dirt, pulled out pier nails with a crowbar- you name it. It felt GOOOOODDDD to be so strong and work so hard.

My daughter took pictures of us working and I look at this this morning and I"m like WTF-- I STTIIILLLL look like a big fat slob!! I expected to look at least a LITTLE better (the scale isn't helping me AT ALL).

This is the stuff that gets me discouraged. I KNOW I KNOW I feel better and that is what counts. I KNOW I KNOW that my shirts are feeling a bit better but when it boils right now to it I want to LOOK as good as I FELT while ripping nails out of treated pier boards!!! Damn!!!

[img]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597/kathywideman/River Work/RiverIreneDamage115-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597/kathywideman/River Work/RiverIreneDamage107-1.jpg[/img]

Replies

• lennykat
    Options
    Okay so I can't get the picture to load- figures

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597/kathywideman/River Work/RiverIreneDamage115-1.jpg

gonna keep trying to load the pics.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Whew! Loads of work! But great exercise! Good for you! You look good to me in the photos! You DO look as awesome as you feel IMHO. :-D Great job and I'm sure it felt good to clean the place up!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I can't see the pic yet, but just basing it on your ticker, I personally have never noticed weight-loss in myself until I lost about 20 pounds. Keep it up, you're heading in the right direction and soon you'll see those results.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yeah! We all want it yesterday. Sigh. I am the world's most impatient person! But the only help I can offer is celebrate every victory. Being so strong and capable is definitely a victory!!!! After all what we really want is to be healthy and capable for the rest of our whole. Ok, I admit that at my age that part of it looms a little larger.......You are on the right track and it WILL pay off.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I would just concentrate on being strong. Don't let this crazy world where size zero is a normal size for Hollywood get to you. You FEEL STRONG! Real women are strong in so many ways. So you don't look like a 16 year old model. So what. A 16 year old model would have passed out after the first piece of washed out stairs.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    Just saw the pictures and you look beautiful!
  • midnight8
    Options
    Be strong And courageous and the battle is in ur hands :) keep up the good work, because YOU can TELL u r feeling better. It takes time but in the end I worth it. Just keep ur head down and keep on going. Before long say hello to GW!! I have had to do the same thing, and it works. Good luck! :)
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    You don't look like a big fat slob at all to me. You look strong. Keep up the good work!