Read a great article this morning about Nutrition and Exerci

Options
This article really jumped out to me as I feel the author really hit on some "truths" that I have learned on my journey by accident. Quote:
"Expect this to be an up-and-down process. Remember that perfection is not the goal. The goal is to develop patterns that work for you. After trying to eat well and exercising hard for years, you may feel that perfection is the price of leanness, but it is not. Missing a workout or eating a little bit of junk food occasionally won’t ruin your efforts. What we are after is gradually reshaping your attitudes about food and exercise as they relate to leanness, your workout habits, when you eat which foods, and how you manage hunger and satiety."

http://beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1064

Anyway... hope it helps someone else out there as they try to better manage themselves. It is a day at a time for me with a lot of short term goals on fitness these days :)

Replies

• JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Love this! I agree fully!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this quote! I've been having an up and down couple of weeks, eating and weightloss-wise, and appreciate the reminder about this being a long term behavior modification project.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    just sitting reading this - it is very interesting, and informative