What's The Best Exercise to Do At The Gym?

Options
Now that I'm back at college I have a free gym available to me that's only a 3 minute walk away. Normally I stick to the stationary bikes, but I was hoping to add some new things to my gym trips but I'm so confused about all of this equipment. What type of workout routine should I be doing to optimize fat burning?

Replies

• Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Get some strength training in before your cardio. With cardio, it really doesn't matter what you do, as long as you get your heart-rate up and enjoy it.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Don't do just cardio, get some strength in there too. Everybody's different, but you can also ask the people who work in the gym if they have any suggestions.
  • december8teen
    Options
    Long period, low intensity cardio work-out works best for burning fat and for leaner muscle (if you want to be lean, not bulky or muscly).

Use the elliptical trainer for 45-60 minutes for low impact cardio. Set your intensity to low for fat burning. But use it for a longer period of time.

Use the rowing machine for 30-45 minutes to tone overall muscle (thigh, gluteus, calf, abdomen, back, arms). It also provides cardio workout.