day 1

Options
I just signed up and I'm nervous! Can I do this? It feels like a huge hurdle. How do I cut down on my calories? How do I lose a pound a week? I over ate today per the calorie counter. Is anyone out there in the same boat?

Replies

• serenaakeeney
    Options
    I just signed up and I'm nervous! Can I do this? It feels like a huge hurdle. How do I cut down on my calories? How do I lose a pound a week? I over ate today per the calorie counter. Is anyone out there in the same boat?
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi. I am relatively new and I find that if I preplan my meal. For instance, today my husband and son went to a mall. I knew at the mall I would likely eat there. I also knew the mall has a Subway, which since I am vegetarian is the healthiest choice for me. So I checked my remaining calories and verified I had enough for certain items :) So, basically rather than filling it out after I do it before so I know exactly what to eat.

Good luck. You can do it! It just takes time. I am just so hungry all the time haha
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome, Of coarse you can do this. You'll have a lot of support here. I was nervous when I started. Getting on here and posting anything. I keep doing it so maybe it will get eaiser. I drink lots of water. Some say to log on what your going to have for the day and then you will know how many calories that you have. Drink all your water that does help fill you up. I drink a glass of water before each meal that way your not so hungry. Also don't beat your self up if you over eat one day. Just do better the next. I hope this will help. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: water :wink:
  • serenaakeeney
    Options
    Thank you! I like your idea of planning my meals ahead. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement! Good luck to you!
  • serenaakeeney
    Options
    Wow, you've lost 19 pounds since Oct! Kudos to you! Thanks for the water suggestion! I realized that I drank NO water today, just diet coke. I will definitely have to do better in that department.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    try to eat as many fruits and veggies as possible. cut out soda and juice, as they are generally unnecessary. make sure that in all your meals, you have a complex carbohydrate such as whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta or rice paired with a lean protein such as fish, chicken, turkey, lean red meat. make half your plate full of vegetables or fruit. that should help get your calories down

good luck!
  • serenaakeeney
    Options
    I definitely have some work to do in order to learn about what is healthier for me and will fill me up. I think that I need to work on portion size, too. Thank you for your suggestions...I love fruits and veggies, I will need to include more of those and less of the other stuff!