oh God no, please no! not another one

Options
If you are like me, you read and laugh at the many people who come to a diet and exercise/fitness site to talk about fun stuff, like zombies and Harry Potter (way cool and fun) and the off the wall people who equate sharing their intimate physical or personal problems here too. I mean, wow. Funny and sad. Shouldn't a bit of discresion be asked here? Or, if it's a medical problem, how about just going to a medical website, like webmd?

And when I make a zombie reference that the following posters don't get, well, sorry that you can find chatting about intimate details of the serious symptoms of things with out having fun about it, then choose to think joking and being playful is a bad thing. No biggie. I know some of you are into other things like the Jedi Way, or are graduates of the Vulcan science academy, which perhaps would throw me off too.

Where's the love people? The common sense? The restraint to not share your bodily functions or problems here? No? Oh well. I followed up a topic that ladies seem to really have a huge problem with here a week ago with a blog about it, and now I get grief. It's okay. Blood is a scarey topic for some women, so let's move on to the really important matters that we should discuss.

Anyone else here training for the zombie apocalype?

I'm looking for team mates and I'm recruiting. Tell me why you would be a good person to have on my team! Do you know the rules? What are your weapons and specialties?

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes, I am training for the zombie apocalypse.
  • BecksWelch
    Options
    Rule #1: Cardio.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    If you are like me, you read and laugh at the many people who come to a diet and exercise/fitness site to talk about fun stuff, like zombies and Harry Potter (way cool and fun) and the off the wall people who equate sharing their intimate physical or personal problems here too. I mean, wow. Funny and sad. Shouldn't a bit of discresion be asked here? Or, if it's a medical problem, how about just going to a medical website, like webmd?

And when I make a zombie reference that the following posters don't get, well, sorry that you can find chatting about intimate details of the serious symptoms of things with out having fun about it, then choose to think joking and being playful is a bad thing. No biggie. I know some of you are into other things like the Jedi Way, or are graduates of the Vulcan science academy, which perhaps would throw me off too.

Where's the love people? The common sense? The restraint to not share your bodily functions or problems here? No? Oh well. I followed up a topic that ladies seem to really have a huge problem with here a week ago with a blog about it, and now I get grief. It's okay. Blood is a scarey topic for some women, so let's move on to the really important matters that we should discuss.

I'm looking for team mates and I'm recruiting. Tell me why you would be a good person to have on my team! Do you know the rules? What are your weapons and specialties?

No clue about the zombie apocalypse...but I've enough bladed weapons laying around my house (I'm a professional bladesmith lol) and shop to arm...well, a small army.

Or an elite corps of highly motivated zombie hunters anyhow.

*shrug*...if the zombie apocalypse were to come...I think I'd be a pretty popular guy.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options

No clue about the zombie apocalypse...but I've enough bladed weapons laying around my house (I'm a professional bladesmith lol) and shop to arm...well, a small army.

Or an elite corps of highly motivated zombie hunters anyhow.

*shrug*...if the zombie apocalypse were to come...I think I'd be a pretty popular guy.

You dont need a zombie apocalypse to be popular :wink:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

OMG I about peed myself laughing....
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well, my pantry is stocked for the Zombie Apocolypse. Not to mention I just did the "meat run" so I have 2 freezers full of meat. I should probably sharpen my knives.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i have no idea about zombie apocalypses but i'm ready to learn, and i should be on your team because i have never changed a feminine hygine product anywhere other than in the proximity of a toilet be it a private bathroom or stall if in a public restroom. see i was paying attention yesterday but you will need to teach me the rules for this zombie stuff
  • zoodalia
    Options
    'Blood is a scarey topic for some women, so let's move on to the really important matters that we should discuss.'

Blood is a scary topic for some men too!
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    Everyone remember to stretch or the zombies may get you!
  • bettyks
    bettyks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep, another one! This is no "pity-party", just stating simple facts. My age probably contributes some to my weight problems (we seem to spread when we age for some ungodly reason), but I'm determined to slim down a little before I complete my bucket list. Being a sorority house mom helps mentally (I think I'm their age some of the time!) and they encourage me in everything I do. I'm hoping to get a little encouragement through this chit-chat and fun!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Not planning on being tripped up by anyone, so I guess I'm training for it too! LOL!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the zombie apocalypse! I am an excellent shot with pretty much anything (and I don't mean in video games either).

"It's time to nut up or shut up!"

P.S. Did you guys know that there is actually a zombie survival plan on the CDC website, thought that was hillrious.
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    180px-Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg

Where can I find a machete?
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

Rule #2 The Double Tap
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I am totally training becuae I am not gonna be the fat girl that you trip! LMAO!! As for the rules no clue!
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    I'm training for the zombie apocalypse! I am an excellent shot with pretty much anything (and I don't mean in video games either).

"It's time to nut up or shut up!"

P.S. Did you guys know that there is actually a zombie survival plan on the CDC website, thought that was hillrious.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp
    Thanks for spreading the knowledge!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    180px-Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg

Where can I find a machete?

Who needs a machete?

Check this one out =D.

http://youtu.be/P0bR4Jqjw7A

And yes, that's mine lol.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Whiskey 9890, you're in. I see you have smarts. That can go really well for the team, and Rule no. 1 is always be prepared, get to a high place!

Crisanderson27, you're in. Knives are great. Pointy things are fun, but are you on high ground? You may be our first place of meeting up so we can grab some gear...

Paddy31, you're a stalker. Stay out front if you want to join the team, I don't trust you but you seem brave. You'd be good zombie bait...

Team rules

1. always be prepared with your weapons and plan of action to move, and get to a high place because you are never safe
    2. cardio! You'd better beable to run with your weapons and stay with the team
    3. know how to use your weapons and how to kill zombies!!! Seriously, if you have a weapon you've never used that's not cool.
    http://nerdfighters.ning.com/forum/topics/rules-for-surviving-the-zombie has more

come on people, I'm seriously seeing allot of zombie bait here, and I'm looking for team mates.... :smokin:

this may happen. Don't you know about the zombie ant fungus that exists?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/aug/18/zombie-carpenter-ant-fungus

or the God Gene innoculations the Pentagon wants to enact:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nADFJlAggnY&feature=related
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options

Rule #2 The Double Tap
    Surround yourself with slower people, then out-run them.

We also have a couple of blades around the house. Remember, hacking off anything but the head will do no good.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I am totally training becuae I am not gonna be the fat girl that you trip! LMAO!! As for the rules no clue!

If you haven't already, watch the movie Zombieland. It will CHANGE your life! :tongue: