Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Info of the Day: Avocados! Help get rid of Belly Fat!

Adding avocado to your weight loss plan can boost your metabolism and speed up the
process to get rid of belly fat. The good fats found in this creamy fruit speed up fat
burning within our bodies. The antioxidant glutathione boosts the liver and the liver is
what controls just how fast we burn fat.

There are several ways to incorporate avocados in to your diet as they go with many meal
options. You can eat them just as they are, add them to eggs, omelets, put them on a
sandwich, add them to a salad, and of course make guacamole with them. Add a serving
a day to rid belly fat.

Replies

• I love avocados!! What is a serving size ? Thanks for sharing this information!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Great info! Also...

AVOCADO SMOOTHIE

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/avocado-smoothie/detail.aspx

Mmm... :drinker:
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,095 Member
    A serving of avocado is 2 tablespoons, which is probably about 2 thin slices.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    I LOVE avocados. I was always wary of putting them on my salad tho because of the high fat content. Thanks for the info.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    No food helps get rid of belly fat.

You can't reduce fat from any specific part of your body.

Regular exercise reduces overall fat and eventually belly fat.

Not saying that avacado are not a good healthy fat to add to your diet but I'm starting to see a remarkable trend in people posting threads about foods that reduce belly fat and it's just not true.
  • True that you can't spot reduce or get rid of belly "fat" you can however decrease belly bloat big time and avocados are a good tool in that due to the fats and fiber. Cutting back on sodium, processed carbs etc... also helps. So even if you don't see it on the scale you will feel it in your jeans and that feels good :)
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Love them!!! Healthy fats too.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    No food helps get rid of belly fat.

You can't reduce fat from any specific part of your body.

Regular exercise reduces overall fat and eventually belly fat.

Not saying that avacado are not a good healthy fat to add to your diet but I'm starting to see a remarkable trend in people posting threads about foods that reduce belly fat and it's just not true.

BUZZZKILLLLLLL. WAHH. WAHHHH. DEBBIE DOWNERRRRR!

:laugh:

I'm just kidding. lol You're totally right. The sensational headlines are gratuitous, for sure. But I like the shift away from "cut all dietary fat!" back to "incorporate healthy fats". But yeah...the misleading "cut belly fat" stuff can get dropped. Good call.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    GOOD! Cause I eat avocadoes with almost any thing lol I LOVE avocados maybe that is good for me to know.
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Okay, Okay geass!.. :grumble: lol

Let's not mis-interpret... I'll break it down in rich dummy terms: (kidding :bigsmile: don't be mad :huh: ) LOL

It says, Avocados "HELP" and that; they are a good "ADDITION" to ur weight loss plan; and that they "CAN" boost you metabolism and speed up the process.