Need help lol

Right people i have a Reebox stepper thing but instead of going up and down it goes to the sides, but the only problem is i avent got a screen which tells you how long been on for, calories burnt etc etc.

Im wondering if this would work.... I could time myself how long i do and try and log it on here, but i avent got a clue what the machine is called? And if i would need to put the calories in first like i had to with zumba :/

(Sorry for the confusion if confussed you, I confuse myself at times)
Can somebody help me please :laugh:

Replies

• alisonb13
    alisonb13 Posts: 5 Member
    Hmm...isn't it just called a side stepper? The screens on cardio equipment actually aren't accurate at all so it's ok that it doesn't have a screen. The best way to measure your calories is to wear a heart rate monitor when you're doing your cardiovascular workouts. For the sake of using my fitness pal I would just put in aerobics or cardiovascular exercise like you'd do with Zumba and put in for how long you're doing it. But like I said if you really want to get accurate there's always a heart rate monitor :-) I love mine! Hope this helps!! Have a great weekend
  • alisonb13
    Hmm...isn't it just called a side stepper? The screens on cardio equipment actually aren't accurate at all so it's ok that it doesn't have a screen. The best way to measure your calories is to wear a heart rate monitor when you're doing your cardiovascular workouts. For the sake of using my fitness pal I would just put in aerobics or cardiovascular exercise like you'd do with Zumba and put in for how long you're doing it. But like I said if you really want to get accurate there's always a heart rate monitor :-) I love mine! Hope this helps!! Have a great weekend
  • alisonb13
  • RN4Surgery
    RN4Surgery Posts: 18 Member
    Get yourself a HRM (heart rate monitor) with a chest strap. I have the polar ft7...the ft4 is just as good. they run about 89 at Academy but its so worth it its not even funny. The plain wrist ones arent as good. You cant feel the chest strap so it doesnt bother you.. It will tell you the calories you are burning as well as the heart rate to help you stay in your zone no matter what you are doing. I love mine because I can wear it doing ANYTHING (walking, wii, dancing, cleaning, swimming) and it will keep you motivated and accurate. I know I did zumba last week and just taylored my length of the workout to the 300 calories i wanted to burn. :) hope this helps.
  • Buy a Polar watch (Target ~$100).
    It tracks what your calorie burn is! I have one and would not work out with out it!
    Such an incentive thing too. I totally recommend it!
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Thanks for replying girls, But i havent got an HRM :( Im going to have a fiddle with the exercise tab and see what i can do :) Thanks again x