Back on Track...

Options
So, I haven't been here for several months, moving 3 times in the last 6 months, trying to get a new career started, still working to finish by dissertation, and buying my first house. Before July, I was going to the gym about 4 to 5 days a week, still going out with friends, but living in an area that had healthier choices that I loved, and was very active and went out. In the last few months, I've probably gained approximately 9 pounds, but mostly in the last 3 months since I moved into the house. I finally had a gym I can move my membership to but became sick on and off over the last month and have not been able to be as active as I'd like. So, here we go...time to wipe the slate clean and keep doing the things I miss and love (working out most importantly...I WANT to be as excited and motivated to do that as I used to be). So I might have taken a few steps back, but I'm still better than I was a year ago...

One of my main motivations was a gorgeous dress that I bought in June that I never had a chance to wear...wanted to wear it yesterday, and my boyfriend could not get it to zip up. I know I bought it just fitting, but still, to know I'm going backwards instead of forwards, it was a snap to reality. I have a lot of clothes I'm wearing out (too long on the poor student clothing budget, and have a lot of jeans with holes :laugh: ) and know I want to be able to find things in regular clothing stores and avoid the plus sizes, as they usually don't fit well, but neither do "regular" clothes.

Just need to get back on track :smile: And for everyone else that's on the same boat, WE CAN DO IIIIIITTTT!

Replies

• neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't been here for several months, moving 3 times in the last 6 months, trying to get a new career started, still working to finish by dissertation, and buying my first house. Before July, I was going to the gym about 4 to 5 days a week, still going out with friends, but living in an area that had healthier choices that I loved, and was very active and went out. In the last few months, I've probably gained approximately 9 pounds, but mostly in the last 3 months since I moved into the house. I finally had a gym I can move my membership to but became sick on and off over the last month and have not been able to be as active as I'd like. So, here we go...time to wipe the slate clean and keep doing the things I miss and love (working out most importantly...I WANT to be as excited and motivated to do that as I used to be). So I might have taken a few steps back, but I'm still better than I was a year ago...

One of my main motivations was a gorgeous dress that I bought in June that I never had a chance to wear...wanted to wear it yesterday, and my boyfriend could not get it to zip up. I know I bought it just fitting, but still, to know I'm going backwards instead of forwards, it was a snap to reality. I have a lot of clothes I'm wearing out (too long on the poor student clothing budget, and have a lot of jeans with holes :laugh: ) and know I want to be able to find things in regular clothing stores and avoid the plus sizes, as they usually don't fit well, but neither do "regular" clothes.

Just need to get back on track :smile: And for everyone else that's on the same boat, WE CAN DO IIIIIITTTT!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good luck Neurogirl! It is a hard road but someone has to travel it! You can do this and use that beautiful dress as a motivator! Never give up and keep your eyes on your goals!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...as you already know..it's a great place to be:drinker: