Pedometer for iPhone?

Options
Hey MFP goers! I was wondering if anyone has tried a pedometer app for an iPhone? Is the Nike+iPod the best? Also, do you put it in your pocket, hand, armband? Just curious. Thanks!

Replies

• CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like run keeper or all-in one pedometer. I like looking at the map on runkeeper.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Is the Nike+iPod the best? Also, do you put it in your pocket, hand, armband?

Honestly, this is what I did a while back at first and if you are using it a lot, may not be your best bet. The foot sensor dies after about a year or two and you have to replace it meaning you can't swap the battery out. Not sure if they changed it, but you basically had to buy a new one every few years. The sensor on the iphone is so so for accuracy since the sensor isn't really MADE for that purpose, but can be used. I had tried various apps when I used to have an Iphone and would compare it to a pedometer. Even the mileage was off some. So, if you are expecting true accuracy, I wouldn't hold your breath. Honestly, your best bet is to get one of those Omron Tri-Axis pedometer. you can pretty much put it anywhere...of course, I bet you are trying to carry as little as possible so maybe not be a good option. Also, keep in mind one issue I had with the pedometer apps which you may come across is that if you are wanting to listen to music at the same time, a lot of them require you to have the app open at all times meaning it will stop counting if you go back to your music...that annoyed me a lot. And, the most accurate ones REQUIRED it be open all the time. Maybe someone has found something better, but this is just my personal experience. Best of luck!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    BEEP BEEP BEEP!

pedobear-s200x324-168410-580.png
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love the iMapMyWalk+

It tells you how many miles you logged(walk, run, whatever)
    How fast you walked
    How long it took you
    The average mph

AND you can run iTunes in the background

AND it will pull up a map of where you're going on the iPhone's GPS....no getting lost

It doesn't show how many steps you took yet, but it says "Stride" coming soon. You can log your workout afterwards either privately or publicly. It's $1.99 and soooooo worth it.