It's 9:30 pm and I finally made up My mind: It's time!

Options
Hey. So, had a real long day and much, much longer week... Make that month!
I've been struggling with weight loss for such a long time, not realizing that after starting out My days right, I end up messing up My evenings so bad!
I'm an emotional eater. BIG TIME!
My BMI says I'm (should be between 18 and 25 right?) I'm at 22.
But My mirror, mother, friends, and confidence(!!!) say I'm not.
So, after a long day of pigging out with My best friend, I ended up depressed and feeling stuffed to My EARS!!!
Found this website. Thought it may after all be the motivation I need to shed off this stupid weight I've gained over the last 2 years.

Starting tomorrow morning... I WILL LOSE WEIGHT.
Don't have the patience for it to take monthhssss.
But, whatever, I WILL LOSE THIS WEIGHT AND THIS DISGUSTING BLUBBER.

Oki. I'm not this depressive :embarassed: , it's just been a bad end of My pigweek.
:yawn: Goodnight, all!
Please support Me get thinner again cause I'm finding it hard and like a freaking fantasy :frown: !!!!

Replies

• Magpie1892
    Options
    This is a great place to be, one day at a time :) friend me if you like
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    Welcome. This is the best place you can be to lose weight. Everyone is so supportive and encouraging. I wish you much success. =)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is AMAZING!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the emotional eating part, and right after you've pigged out, you realized it didn't really help much. I'm an emotional eater as well, but since joining this sight almost two weeks ago I realized that if I have to log it and it's evidence right there in my face that I know I shouldn't have eaten but I did, I just opt into not pigging out. Feel free to add me. We can support each other :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    BMI is, generally speaking, a decent predictor of overall health. That being said, there are people who are naturally petite and in these instances the BMI can be misleadingly low. The opposite of this would be bodybuilders who are very large yet have very little body fat - they would be classified as obese (even though they obviously are not).

So good for you for wanting to make improvements in your body and health, even though the scale might not be telling you to do it! Pilates and Yoga have worked really well to help me tone up without bulking up. And don't forget cardio to burn calories & fat!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you are in the middle of the healthy bmi range, and feel fat still, then there's three possibilities
    - either you don't have very much muscle and so you're "skinny fat" meaning you're of a low-ish weight, but not very toned
    - you've got a small bone structure, so more of your figure is made up of fat/muscle than someone else of the same weight and height with bigger bones
    - or you lack self-confidence and see yourself as fatter than you really are

I'd suggest that instead of making losing weight your target, that you plan targets based on reducing your percentage body fat, toning up, improving your fitness and eating better nutrition.

You may find that you're ideal weight is still exactly where you are now, with the same BMI, but that you end up with a much better figure, and one you're happier with. maybe you're "good weight" is at the low end of the bmi scale because of your build etc, but if you taregt better nutrition and better fitness, you'll find that out I'm sure.
  • youngmum
    Options
    You'll feel a lot better once you start making more healthy choices. Your BMI is good so don't worry too much about losing a lot of weight, but focus on eating better and living more by exercising and hopefully days like today will become rarer and rarer. Remember you are beautiful & this is your life & no one else's.