kickstarting my weightloss

Hello,

So I made a myfitnesspal quite some time ago and never got around to really using it. I've not done too well with losing weight in the past but now that I'm finally starting to lose the lbs I think this site will be a great way for me to stay motivated. :)

My starting weight was 158lbs (have lost 2lbs this week) and don't really have a definite goal weight, but for now I'm thinking about 128lbs. Any tips and stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Claire

Replies

• Hi my name is Denise nice to meet you, I have found this site really helpful to use in loosing my goal weight, good luck!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Adding me as a friend is a good start
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Hi welcome to MFP and congrats on your decision to get started for real :-) this site is great for motivation and support and tracking and logging .. i would suggest however that you get some goals while you are starting .. something i did when i began was got a goal weight, also i wanted to have certain physical strength, and cardio as well.. benchmarks are always great to log progress .. things you are eating and things that you are not eating as well ... good luck to you on your journey and wish you the very best in success you can add me as a friend if you want ...
  • novellaxx
    novellaxx Posts: 3 Member
    thank you :) still trying to work on what I want my goals to be and stuff, gonna give it a good think and decide on what i want. I look forward to losing the weight though and being able to share my progress with likeminded people.