do you count.............

Options
2»

Replies

• RangerSteve
    Options
    I don't log my coffee or tea ---- but I drink them both black. In the odd occasion I have a latte, I definitely log it.

I don't count anything but water toward my water goal. Anything with caffeine is actually dehydrating so shouldn't be counted. I suppose decaffeinated my be able to count.

You're not going to dehydrate yourself to the point where you lose more water than you take in when drinking caffeinated beverages unless it's a shot of espresso or something super concentrated.

I know this is true - but someone tell my bladder that!

It's not your bladder, it's your hormones. Caffeine suppresses vasopressin (anti-diuretic hormone) so your body doesn't re-absorb as much water. That means you're going to pee a lot.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I count everything I drink towards my water goal, and I don't really stick to the suggested water goal. I drink when I feel like it.

This is what I do as well.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do NOT count it towards my water goal. That's just me, I don't have an issue with others doing it lol
    I DO log it in my food diary if I've added any milk or sugar. It adds up when you drink a lot.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I always log it because I always drink them with milk. And no... water is water... tea and coffee is not! :P
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I log everything with a calorie in it. MFP is a calorie counter so why wouldn't you count it? I record my ater cause sometimes I tend to forget to drink it and that's just a reminder for me.
  • charlibets
    charlibets Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee because I drink it with milk. I don't count tea, when I drink it, as part of my water.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I count everything. Defeats the purpose if you don't.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Coffee has about 30 calories per cup so if you drink a few, I would count it.

No it doesn't. Not by a longshot.