Top Fitness Gadgets

Hi! I'm interested to hear about what some of your favorite fitness gadgets are. For example I'd love to hear feedback on the BodyBugg, has anyone tried it? Any other items that you've found to help you with your weightlos??

Replies

• MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    I use the Body Media Fit armband, its ok. I think mine may be faulty because it says I burn WAY more calories than I actually do. I may return it and just get a HRM.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    I love my HRM! Now I can keep track of exactly how many calories I'm burning which sadly, is much less than the treadmill and MFP tells me!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    I love my Polar HRM, treadmill, OnDemand workout videos, MP3 player, and MFP app!!!!
  • My HRM (Suunto T3) - love it as it's got loads of information and training logs but is easy to understand the screen at a glance. Also has interval and warm-up timers. Unfortunately the alarms are not very loud for these though :o(
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks! I'm thinking about getting a HRM.. could be very useful!!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi! I'm interested to hear about what some of your favorite fitness gadgets are. For example I'd love to hear feedback on the BodyBugg, has anyone tried it? Any other items that you've found to help you with your weightlos??

I like the website endomondo.com. It tracks my cycling (also tracks walking, running etc) via GPS. It tracks my calories burned and uploads to to the site. It is frickin awesome. The app on you phone gives you exact mileage and calories..
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    My bike... it's the best think I have for keeping me fit :bigsmile:

I've also got a Polar FT4, but only had it 36hrs so can't say how indispensible it's gonna be, just yet :laugh:
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    I love my HRM, my kettlebell, and my bosu ball.

Next up is probably the iphone, which runs runkeeper, MFP, has tunes, and has a c25k app
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    I have a bodybugg... but do not use it. I used to use it religiously, and I found it helped me challenge myself to work harder, and try and get more in before I went to bed every night. However the food logging software was not good! MFP is better!

I find that the black band on my arm isn't attractive in the summer! So it does not get used during that season...

Honestly in some ways I would rather have a good HRM that doesn't involve a subscription!
  • Withings Wifi Scale. This was one of our first steps to getting fit. When you set it up you make a profile for each user online. When you weigh in it also shows you a body fat % and BMI read on the scale. Everything gets logged onto your website account. You can look at graphs of your weigh ins and general trending. We have it tied into RunKeeper (great site) which we use on our phones and online to track exercise activities. Both of these have that gamification element. It makes it feel like you are working towards a high score.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Favorite things in no particular order:

1) Polar FT7 HRM (Okay, actually this IS #1)
    2) Brooks running shoes
    3) P90X DVDs
    4) iPod and armband
    5) Weighted hula-hoop
    6) Cushiony yoga mat
    7) Blender Bottles
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    1. Ipod
    2. gymboss interval timer
    3. HRM
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    i bought a camelbak which for those of you that don't know , is a backpack that comes with a bladder that you can fill with water. it has a chest strap to keep it nice and steady on your back. its made for hikers, but i like running with it. filled with water, my phone, keys, and anything else, it weighs about 6pounds. it makes it convenient, because i have my phone in my backpack running iMapMyRun, so i can track my runs.
  • I use workout trainer for android. Gives you a few exercises you are to do and shows for how long etc
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    I found my Gymboss really helps me workout, i use it for HIIT and then on the days i do strength training i set it to time my rest and then to set the pace of my reps as i tend to rush!
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    1. Jaybird Sportsband headphones
    2. Cardio Trainer for Android
    3. Golds Gym Olympic bench with squat rack
    4. Shape up style shoes (the reviews on these state they are fraudulent because of claims that you will burn more calories... well that is just stupid, but the other claims that it focuses walking more on your hamstrings and improves posture are absolutely true!)
    5. Xbox with Kinect- I need to use it more but it is awesome to play with your kids with and they kick my butt!
    4. Wii Fit balance board
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    ipod for tunes and Nike Training Club

wondering if I should get HRM or if estimates are close enough.
  • i love my bodymedia fit. to be honest it's not magic but it does keep me motivated knowing that it's there tracking me.