anyone else?

Options
so i was curious if anyone else on here who have children and a spouse if you you eat a light healthy breakfast and lunch so then at super time you can eat what your family is eating and staying in your cal intake...like for example today i had a yogurt for 100 cals for breakfast and then lunch i had a bowl of ceral and for super im having a cheese burger and a baked potato...and im still left with 130 cals which i wont be consuming.

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I eat more throughout the day. Otherwise, I'm STARVING!
    I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper. (and maybe a snack afterwards)
    I have no foods that are off-limits to me. I just have to decide whether I want to work hard to be able to have that or not.
    And I try to have a variety of food groups for each meal.
    Small snacks though like fruit or yogurt.
    I try to eat meals with my family when I can, but mostly my work schedule keeps that from happening.
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    I do not see myself as dieting, I am learning how to cook, prepare, and eat healthier meals and snacks alltogether. While I have not put restrictions on what my husband and son eat, the meals I cook for them which is breakfast lunch and dinner, are all healthy. We eat all three meals together and eat the same foods as one another, I eat smaller potions that i use to and I also only cook with healthy food and whole grains now.

Example. My son use to eat fruit snacks for his snacks now he eats fruit.
    We just got done with lunch and it was a cheese quesadilla on a whole wheat tortilla with fruits and veggie sticks.

I want to lose weight but I also want to teach my children how to eat healthy so that they don't have to releanr it all as an adult like I am doing now, it will be natural to them.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Everything that Kay said is the same for our family too. We all eat the same meals. I usually cook only 2 portions - husband gets one, my son and I split the other.
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, depends on who is cooking and what we are going to eat. If I cook I know that I will be able to eat more throughout the day and with my workout will be fine for supper. If my husband is cooking I tend to hold back a little more because he sometimes forgets to watch the calories.
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No, I don't limit what I eat during the day, and I eat the same dinner as everyone else. I'm teaching myself how to eat right, and how big my portions SHOULD be. I think if I cut back on what I ate during the day, I would end up getting super hungry and eating too much later on, which is not what I want to do.
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    Everything that Kay said is the same for our family too. We all eat the same meals. I usually cook only 2 portions - husband gets one, my son and I split the other.

Thats exactly what I do, lol
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I tend to have 1500 for the day, 200 for breakfast for my oats and milk, for lunch 250 for my salad and apple and then I have the rest on an evening for a family meal. As I want to teach my girls that you can eat healthily and not starve yourself. I feel that it is important that we all sit down for the evening meal and eat the same thing. I.e. Lasagna. Hubby and the girls will have the lasagna witha few potato wedges and hubby salad as well and I will have a big plate of salad with mine or Spaghitti Bolognese we will all have it with a little cheese on top but I will only have one slice of garlic baguette and they will have the rest.

As this is a lifestyle change it has to be something that I can continue for the rest of my life not just a fad phase.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey! I try to eat the same number of calories per meal. part of that is because I am diabetic and it keeps the amount of insulin i have to take pretty steady (depends on the carb ration also) But if i know we are going to dinner or going to watch a football game at buffalo wild wings... i tend to try to be less cal during the day so I can enjoy myself more at the restraunt. I still try to stay with in my range but if I don't I call it my cheat meal that I get once a week and move on. hope this helps!
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    We all eat the same meals here too, but our kids get sides of rice or pasta that we skip or have only a small portion.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes. Although my daughter and husband also eat healthy, their caloric requirements are different than mine. She is only two and needs calorie dense foods, full fat versions, etc. as she is underweight (due to medications she is on) and we are trying to get her to gain more weight. My husband is larger than me and has a physically demanding job and needs more calories per day to keep him going. I tend to eat less throughout the day so I can eat the same meal as them at dinnertime. There is nothing wrong with doing this. It works for us and if works for you as well, by all means do it.