my plan....please critique

Options
ok. here it is. my *reasonable and obtainable goals*:laugh: at least i certainly hope so

I would like to lose 4lbs a month

january goals
NO fast food.
drink 64 oz of water
exercise 4x a week

february goals
NO fast food
drink 64 oz of water
exercise 4x a week
cut to one 12 oz can of diet pepsi/day (currently drink ohhhh a wee bit more than that)
cut processed snack foods (but if i can make them from scratch then its ok)

March goals
NO fast food
drink 64 oz of water
exercise 4x a week
cut to one 12 oz can of diet pepsi/day (currently drink ohhhh a wee bit more than that)
start couch to 5k program

Replies

• JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    ok. here it is. my *reasonable and obtainable goals*:laugh: at least i certainly hope so

january goals
    NO fast food.
    drink 64 oz of water
    exercise 4x a week

february goals
    NO fast food
    drink 64 oz of water
    exercise 4x a week

March goals
    NO fast food
    drink 64 oz of water
    exercise 4x a week
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    great plan. it appears you are striving to make long term changes, rather than quickie results.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    JJ...sounds not only do-able but a healthy way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

january goals
    NO fast food.
    drink 64 oz of water
    exercise 4x a week

february goals
    NO fast food
    drink 64 oz of water
    exercise 4x a week

March goals
    NO fast food
    drink 64 oz of water
    exercise 4x a week

That sounds like a great plan! Taking your time to incorporate change is so important! Jumping in head first is what get's us into trouble I think! Good job and 4 lbs a month is VERY attainable and you sound like you have a healthy outlook about things and aren't trying to rush the process. Good for you!!

:drinker:
    -Tami
  • lovedbyGod2
    Options
    I think it sounds well planned!!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    I think the way you are adding one thing a month is great! Very smart ideas, and realistic!
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    looks like a great plan, and i don't think you will have any problem losing your weight. I have a couple of questions tho -- 1) what constitutes "exercise" for you (is this cardio, strength training, yoga?) and 2) what are your nutritional plans other than just eating no fast food?

Also, i might go so far as to say, fast food once a week. But I know that once you get in that zone of not eating fast food its a lot easier to stay there. I work a lot and love to eat, so i am trying to limit that for myself to once a week fast food -- which is generally a salad from Ray's.... i know, salad, but it is not light in calories -- full of blue cheese and pecans -- and one weekend eating out -- usually either our japanese buffet (lots of sushi!) or gondolier italian (about a billion calories, but so so so good!)

Good luck!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    well i eat relatively healthy except for fast food/processed snack foods. so i am thinking that by cutting those and adding water it should do the trick.

As far as exercise i am horribly out of shape, but i bought the 30 day shred, cardio max, and some yoga dvds, and an elliptical. so i am thinking a mix of those, and then water walking at the local school once a week. something is better than nothing...so 4x a week of something should get me going.

my problem with fast food is that i do home daycare, and take 2 kids to school driving by a bagillion fast food places. and i stop *just for a snack* that ends up being 300+ calories. since my family and i enjoy going out to eat as recreation i thought i would leave that and cut out fast food. Of course if i slip, or we have to grab something once in awhile as a family it isn't the end of the world
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    I think those are awesome goals and I'm thinking about starting the couch to 5k thing in the spring too, or I could just start it soon and not put it off. I'm sure the dogs would enjoy the excitement of that.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    looks like a great plan, and i don't think you will have any problem losing your weight. I have a couple of questions tho -- 1) what constitutes "exercise" for you (is this cardio, strength training, yoga?) and 2) what are your nutritional plans other than just eating no fast food?

Also, i might go so far as to say, fast food once a week. But I know that once you get in that zone of not eating fast food its a lot easier to stay there. I work a lot and love to eat, so i am trying to limit that for myself to once a week fast food -- which is generally a salad from Ray's.... i know, salad, but it is not light in calories -- full of blue cheese and pecans -- and one weekend eating out -- usually either our japanese buffet (lots of sushi!) or gondolier italian (about a billion calories, but so so so good!)

Good luck!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I agree with Lisa regarding the fast food. While it's great that you have goals not to touch the stuff, there ARE some healthier options at fast food restaurants these days, and I've found that it's detrimental to your plans to make anything off limits. Maybe change your goal to say "fast food only when it will fit into my calorie plan, and not to exceed once per week." That is specific, doable, and it won't make you feel deprived because you aren't completely cutting something out. Just my opinion.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Great plan!!

Remember, it only takes 21 days to create a habit!! So, you are doing the right thing at going slowly and being consistent and persistent!!

Here is to a more healthy you!!!