Not Losing the Weight!

Options
I have been running 3 days a week for 6 months (3 miles each run). I wasn't losing any weight so I started to keep track of all the calories I consume in a day using the Food Tracker. If I don't exercise I eat about 1200 calories a day and if I do exercise I eat around 1500 a day. The first week I started keeping track of calories I lost 2 pounds, no problem. The second week My weight came right back on and now I have not been able to lose any weight since. I am 5'3" and weigh 150 pounds so I could stand to lose some weight. I have not gone to the doctor yet but would appreciate any advice on why I can't seem to shed this weight before I have to go in.

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Add a little resistance training to your routine. It may help. If you don't want to do weights, then yoga would work wonders (body weight resistance). Also, when you see your doctor, ask about how to get your resting metabolic rate (a more accurate assessment). You might not be consuming enough still.
  • kdsnow03
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! We all go through cycles where we don't loose weight. Consistency is key, so don't give up. You want to make sure that you are eating enought fruits and veggies (water too will help). I weigh in about every ten days and it seems to eliminate some of the stress. I eat about 1200 calories a day (every day) even on the 4 to 5 days that 1 walk 4 miles and that helps. You will do it!
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi...it does get discouraging just keep at it..I have been tracking my food intake in a tracker for 132 weeks, it does help to see that I am a junk eater so I know what I would have to eliminate in order to move things along,I also take blood pressure meds which slow everything down...I often wonnder about the daily calories tho, I am supposed to eat 1200 but have a hard time losing on that as well. Hope som good ieas come in for you as I am going to check back, good luck.:love::glasses:
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. You might start keeping tract of your measurements. You are probably building muscle with your running...